Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sesame 3 Feature Requests (Read 26784 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Re: Sesame 3 Feature Requests
Reply #45 - Oct 13th, 2011 at 7:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Ray for clarification. I see now that search is also searching in the description part of the commands and functions,  one might have to press search button a few more times but it is extensive search. This is fine and better.

IP Logged

Rick_R

Reply #46 - Oct 14th, 2011 at 3:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
The Cow wrote on Oct 13th, 2011 at 7:15pm:
We may be able to do something along these lines. I'd like it to be in addition to the current insertion, so that folk that prefer to simply fill in the arguments can, without having to delete the other material (i.e.: "as string", sample element/variable names, etc).

Probably the best way to handle that would be a Preferences setting--either the parameters for all insertions or for none, rather than, for instance, a right-click with two options.

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #47 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 5:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Position of the Slate: I use slate to display some data in addition to using it to debug the program. For displaying data, I would like it to be as un-intrusive as possible. It would be nice if we can select the position of the slate using sbasic. I have also noticed that when you place the slate where you want, it retains that position when you re-open it using sbasic. What causes it to change position and when that position changes, I am not sure about.

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #48 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 6:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
While working with form, I would like see element in focus to be more conspicuous. What tools can I use in Sesame 2.xx to achieve this?

Also, while working with tab pages, one has to use one tab key for cursor to take focus on the first element on that tabpage. I happen to have a subform at the top of a tabpage, and subform always has a black solid bar on the first record. Using or not using tab key visually does not cause any change but If I use F3 key in order to delete the first record of the subform and the focus is not in the first record of the subform, I end up deleting the whole record (Parent Record) before I know it. I have muted the delete message in subform using sbasic as I have to delete quite a few records of subforms while working with records.  What can I do to prevent this other than unmute to the delete message?
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2011 at 12:41am by Bharat_Naik »  

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #49 - Oct 15th, 2011 at 10:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bharat_Naik wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 5:52pm:
Position of the Slate: I use slate to display some data in addition to using it to debug the program. For displaying data, I would like it to be as un-intrusive as possible. It would be nice if we can select the position of the slate using sbasic. I have also noticed that when you place the slate where you want, it retains that position when you re-open it using sbasic. What causes it to change position and when that position changes, I am not sure about.

The slate, like all fully qualified (i.e.: having a window title bar with icons) windows, is placed by the Desktop, not the client application. But, since you can have only one slate, once Sesame makes that first slate window, it isn't re-made, and simply appears and disappears, retaining its position.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #50 - Oct 18th, 2011 at 3:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm with Bharat; the WriteLn window (slate) is a great tool for displaying info to the user.

I would love to see it become more powerful; display hyperlinks/html, have more memory to display more data, give it some basic editing tools, etc.

Perhaps keep the slate as-is and add a new 'html_popup' editor option.

Just my .02 cents.

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #51 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 12:32am
Print Post Print Post  
@Calendar ( ) is a sBasic popup, just like @PopupMenu ( ) and @PopupChoiceList (). But as far as I know, @Calendar ( ) does not take the position just as opposed to the other two with @SelectPopUpPosition ( ) command. Can we have @Calendar () respect and obey @SelectPopUPPosition ( ) command?
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2011 at 1:05pm by Bharat_Naik »  

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #52 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 1:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Srikeout text as opposed to deleting the record:
Sometimes, we cancel the prescription or change it. It would be nice to see it being strikeout instead of removing the record for the record keeping and tracking purpose. I do not know how it could be implemented but it would be nice if this could be accomplished some kind of way.

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #53 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 3:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bharat_Naik wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 1:03pm:
Srikeout text as opposed to deleting the record:
Sometimes, we cancel the prescription or change it. It would be nice to see it being strikeout 

Bharat,

If I understand your comment correctly you want to show text as "changed or no longer valid". I have my scripts (prescriptions) held as subrecords. I use a status field to represent different liter flows and based on that status I use the Attribute() and ForceRedraw() commands to change the text color.

I bet you could do something similar using Attribute() and  ForceRedraw() to modify the font to a strikethrough font rather then my changing colors.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #54 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 6:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Robert for feedback. I also use prescription as subform. I do change color in various elements as needed to highlight and raise a red flag. Unfortunately, that would not show up in the printed material or pdf file when we have to reproduce the record.

Changing Attribute to make it strikethrough font might just do. When printed out or while making pdf file (using printstring commands), hopefully retain the the strikethrough property. I will look into it and report back for more guidance as needed. Thanks.

IP Logged

tcgeo

Reply #55 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
In the Program Editor, for the Element drop down, it would be very helpful to be able to insert the element name of your choice into your cursor location, maybe via a right click option? Also, quite often when writing code, I can’t remember the exact name of a form element located in another form.  I then have to open, or leave open, the other form to find out what the names are.  It would be extremely helpful to have the elements from all the other forms in your application, accessible from any Program Editor, broken down by the forms, available as choices as well. Am I asking for too much here, LOL?

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #56 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 4:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
Not asking too much, but much of what you are asking for is already there. In the programming editor, right click and select "List Browser" from the popup menu. From the list browser, select the "Switch" button and you will toggle through:

SBasic Commands
Element Names
Font Names
Menu Tree Items

Once the elements names are displayed, double click on one of them and it will be inserted at the current cursor position.

As to adding all of the elements from all the other forms - I'll look into how hard that'll be.

IP Logged

tcgeo

Reply #57 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 5:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
Isn't that something! I've probably gone to SBasic Commands and Menu Tree Items a million times, and have blown by Element Names not even considering what it's purpose was!  Thanks for pointing that out and looking in to the rest of it for us Mark!

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #58 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 6:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
You're welcome. Keep the suggestions coming!

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #59 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 6:38pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
@Calendar ( ) is a sBasic popup, just like @PopupMenu ( ) and @PopupChoiceList (). But as far as I know, @Calendar ( ) does not take the position just as opposed to the other two with @SelectPopUpPosition ( ) command. Can we have @Calendar () respect and obey @SelectPopUPPosition ( ) command?

Any thoughts on this?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print