Normal Topic Automatic Emails (Read 10551 times)
NHUser

Automatic Emails
Nov 7th, 2019 at 7:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
I know how to send emails from Sesame using an event, such as when an element changes or using a command button. 

I want Sesame to send an email regardless of activity in the form or data base.  For example, I want to put a date in a record then, when the current date exceeds the recorded date, the email will be sent.  The email should include some info from the record.  If multiple records have the same date, multiple emails will be sent.

I want this to occur without the need for someone to go into the file.  In other words, I want this to happen in the background and happen automatically.

Is this possible, or am I way out in left field?

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Automatic Emails
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 2:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
There are a few ways to do this. You can do it on Application open for a particular user so that when they log in it gathers up the records that have a date older than today using @XResultSetSearch(), emails out the information and then fills in a field with today's date so that only 1 email per day is sent out.

Another way which is truly automated is to use the Sesame API on a scheduled task. A PHP script can gather the records, and send out emails or whatever language you prefer.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

NHUser

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 8:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ray,

Thanks!

I've figured out how to program what I want in the Application Open programming. 

I have a question, though.  Is it possible to set up a variable within the Application Open programming that will be remembered after closing the application and then re-opening it?

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 8:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
You can use GlobalValue() and @GlobalValue().

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged