Normal Topic How do I relocate DB and DAT files out to network? (Read 932 times)
Robert Manshack

How do I relocate DB and DAT files out to network?
Apr 19th, 2017 at 3:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
In server mode this isn't an issue because the server is already on the network and being backed up.  But for a user that is in stand alone mode but I want their app files out on the network instead of the local sesame install directory how do I accomplish that?  rootdirs.ini is only for server mode so that doesn't help.  Sesame is installed on my PC under C:\Sesame262 and I've put files out on J:\sesame_files\appfiles.  I need to be able to see this drive when I click the Open button but all I'm allowed to view are the files in the local install directory.  Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: How do I relocate DB and DAT files out to network?
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello,

Rootdirs.ini is for both Server and Standalone modes.

Be sure that the Start In for the icon used to start Sesame is set to C:\Sesame262

Be sure that your rootdirs.ini file is in C:\Sesame262, and isn't named something like rootdirs.ini.txt

Add J:\sesame_files\appfiles to the rootdirs.ini file using Notepad or your preferred text editor program.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Robert Manshack

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Awesome.....

I was just running the .exe file directly and not using a shortcut.

Followup question....for more than one person to access the same app file is there a requirement to run in server mode and host the file or can a small number of people open it directly that way.  For example could 5 people in standalone mode open the same file at the same time?

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
In order for 5 people to open the same file at the same time, you need to be running client/server. Only 1 standalone copy can have any application open at a time.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged