Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) One Client Logged In Multiple Times on One Server (Read 5965 times)
jacker

Re: One Client Logged In Multiple Times on One Server
Reply #15 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 5:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
Actiontech:

I have the EXACT same issue except I have 18 licenses and about 12 active users in seven or eight different office locations.

If my license limit is reached for any reason, Sesame Server will NOT recover on its own, even if I kill all the clients manually...I can't even connect to get into the Admin utility! I must resort to the Emergency Shutdown and restart, unlock all the databases manually, until people can connect again...

Why isn't there a way to limit concurrent client programs running to ONE OR TWO? That would help immensely...

Maybe it will be fixed in version 3, I heard that's coming out soon!  Wink

Jack - I'm smokin' past the filter and it's burnin' my lips...
YIM YIM  
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #16 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 6:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
It has nothing to do with your license count. Your networking issue is happening before that. It is just another symptom of the problem.

If you want test it, start a second Sesame Server on a separate set of ports(20020, 20021 for example) with no license file. This new server will allow one client. Try to connect 2 clients to it(from the server computer connecting to localhost, as it eliminates your network from the test). 1 will connect. The other will give you two errors(Too many clients and then failed to connect). You can continue to launch clients and they will give the same error messages. If you close down the original client, you can then launch another Sesame client. You can even try it using your license file and launch 12 clients(again from the server using '-server localhost' to keep your network out of the equation)

In ActionTech's case, there is a network issue causing the Sesame Server to get either incomplete or incorrect data when the Sesame client attempts to connect.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

actiontech

Reply #17 - May 18th, 2017 at 2:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello, I tried using the debugger version for awhile but then the problem didn't replicate itself. And then when it did I wasn't available an a Lantica representative fixed the problem, using a command prompt line. I've since replicated the solution and everything has worked fine for months. But now suddenly in the last few days it's not working again, and is crashing a lot. I think it may be linked to one computer in particular but I'm not sure. Anyway, here are some screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/0Pst0 ,
http://imgur.com/a/hQ0kV ,
http://imgur.com/a/dEaHQ

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #18 - May 18th, 2017 at 2:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
What I did over the phone was simply restart the Sesame server using a command line so that I could see the debug being spit out. It was not a solution as you continue to have intermittent connectivity issues with your network.

In the C:\Sesame2 folder there will be a file named SesameCommands.txt. I need that file sent to support@lantica.com before you restart the Sesame Server along with the Sesame log file from the Server computer.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

actiontech

Reply #19 - Jun 16th, 2017 at 4:00am
Print Post Print Post  
Still having issues. Have tried every piece of advice from the Server/Client troubleshooting guide on all computers. Have checked router settings, forwarded ports 20000-20001, checked for timeouts, found none, still getting random crashes. Still getting two of the same client logged in at the same time.

IP Logged

BWETTLAUFER

Reply #20 - Jun 25th, 2017 at 1:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
We used to have terrible lock up and connectivity problems with 30 users over four different locations, and we had to troubleshoot our network, replacing a network switch and upgrading our VPN to VPLS.

While I can't solve the problem here, I can help identify it -- the computer that's having issues is likely dropping packets.  Test it by running a continuous ping to the server for an hour, and then see how many packets are being lost.

In a command window, run

ping -t (the IP address of the server).

After an hour hit Ctrl-X and note the number of packets transmitted and the number of dropped packets.

See if that helps provide some insight on the issue?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print