Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sesame 3 (Read 59364 times)
Acebanner

Re: Sesame 3
Reply #45 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 2:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Sep 30th, 2011 at 6:46pm:
Acebanner wrote on Sep 30th, 2011 at 6:16pm:
Quote:
Sesame 3 – Breaking News
Development just implemented an amazing new search feature. If you enter a filename or URL in a field, when you search that field using the Retrieve Spec, Sesame will search the contents of the specified file or URL to see if that record matches your search criteria. I saw a demo of this a few minutes ago and my mind just exploded with the possibilities!

I don't understand -- let's say I put a hyperlink into a client record, the 'contact us' page of their website -- are you saying that Sesame will check to see if the contact information in the record itself matches the website page?

Not quite. If you put a hyperlink into a client record, the 'contact us' page of their website, searching for ..lantica.. in that field will return any record where the contents of the 'contact us' url entered on that record contain "lantica".

Huh So... it searches the file, or the url itself for the text? Not the address of the url (the content of the field itself) but the page (or file)?

Hypothetical: I have a series of client records, and each record has a field called 'CLIENTELE' that stores the url for each client's portfolio page. Let's say each client (or most) have some page that lists the various companies in their portfolio. If I understand correctly, I could then search within that field for '...Coca-Cola...' and would receive a list of client records whose portfolio pages (http://blah..blah../portfolio.htm) matched against '...Coca-Cola...'

So I would be able to search my clients to see which ones have done work for Coca-Cola?

Is that correct?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #46 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 2:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
Acebanner wrote on Oct 3rd, 2011 at 2:05pm:
Huh So... it searches the file, or the url itself for the text? Not the address of the url (the content of the field itself) but the page (or file)?

Yep. Pretty nifty, huh?  Smiley

Quote:
Hypothetical: I have a series of client records, and each record has a field called 'CLIENTELE' that stores the url for each client's portfolio page. Let's say each client (or most) have some page that lists the various companies in their portfolio. If I understand correctly, I could then search within that field for '...Coca-Cola...' and would receive a list of client records whose portfolio pages (http://blah..blah../portfolio.htm) matched against '...Coca-Cola...'

So I would be able to search my clients to see which ones have done work for Coca-Cola?

Is that correct?

That is correct.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Acebanner

Reply #47 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Oct 3rd, 2011 at 2:17pm:
Acebanner wrote on Oct 3rd, 2011 at 2:05pm:

Yep. Pretty nifty, huh?  Smiley

Quote:

Is that correct?

That is correct.

Hmmm.... lot of uses for something like that! Very cool.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #48 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 4:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3 - Breaking News
Development just finished a new feature which lets you highlight something in your record, then right-click to search your records for the highlighted term. You can search all the records, filter the current records, or jump to the next record that matches.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #49 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 8:57pm
Print Post Print Post  
Terrific feature! Will come in VERY handy!

IP Logged

Rick_R

Reply #50 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 5:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Oct 10th, 2011 at 4:16pm:
Sesame 3 - Breaking News
Development just finished a new feature which lets you highlight something in your record, then right-click to search your records for the highlighted term. You can search all the records, filter the current records, or jump to the next record that matches.

Does it only search the same field, or can you select which fields it will search?

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #51 - Oct 12th, 2011 at 12:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
It can search either within that element or searches universally.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #52 - Oct 12th, 2011 at 3:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3 - Breaking News
Development just added a feature that lets you add special behavior tags to command button labels to make them automatically run a search without needing any programming. For example, this label - [search]:state=OH:Get Ohio - will make a command button labeled Get Ohio that automatically searches for records where State=OH when clicked. It can also jump to the next record in your current results that matches.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Rick_R

Reply #53 - Oct 12th, 2011 at 8:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Oct 12th, 2011 at 3:53pm:
Sesame 3 - Breaking News
Development just added a feature that lets you add special behavior tags to command button labels to make them automatically run a search without needing any programming. For example, this label - [search]:state=OH:Get Ohio - will make a command button labeled Get Ohio that automatically searches for records where State=OH when clicked. It can also jump to the next record in your current results that matches.

I assume it can be set similar to a standard search, so instead of "Get Ohio" you could have "Other" with a search specification along the lines of: State (field) not in "^OH^NY^MA^TX^"

And between the colons, can you put any expression that will produce a boolean result, including one with user-defined functions?

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #54 - Oct 12th, 2011 at 9:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm not entirely sure what you are asking... but it basically can accept any legal search. It does use a slightly different search syntax in that the element name need be specified. For example, I just built a button with the following label:

[search:]state=oh;ok city=paris:Test1

that appears to have a label of "Test1" and causes a search returning records from the states of Ohio or Oklahoma or having a city name of Paris. The "Or" mode is the default at the moment. Basically:

((state = "Oh") or (state = "Ok") or (city = "Paris"))

I would have to check to make sure retrieve programming works in this instance. I don't see any reason it wouldn't.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #55 - Oct 13th, 2011 at 7:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3 - Breaking News
In Sesame 3, SBasic now lets you group a list of elements and refer to that list by the group name. Anything you do to the group will be done to each element in the group. For example:
Code
Select All
// Group the Company, Add1, and First elements
GroupElements("Test", Company, Add1, First)
Color(@("Test"), 2, 1) // Color each of the elements in the group 

You can also map a list of values to the elements in the group with one line of code.
Code
Select All
//Places "one" in Company, "two" in Add1, and "three" in First
MapValues(@("Test"), "one;two;three") 

- Hammer
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #56 - Oct 14th, 2011 at 2:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3 lets you choose whether to dock the Command Area on the left (default) or on the right (pictured).

rightside.png ( 31 KB | 84 Downloads )
rightside.png

- Hammer
IP Logged

magicfish

Reply #57 - Oct 14th, 2011 at 8:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
That is such a simple thing, but I like it on the right much better.   Smiley

IP Logged

Rick_R

Reply #58 - Oct 14th, 2011 at 10:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
magicfish wrote on Oct 14th, 2011 at 8:37pm:
That is such a simple thing, but I like it on the right much better.   Smiley

Same here. Since we read left-to-right, having it on the left when it's not being used just tends to be a distraction.

IP Logged

Sam

Reply #59 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:59am
Print Post Print Post  
Just wondering if there will a way to do exports or reports that are xml.  We currently use csv but have been asked by our clients to supply data in xml format.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print