Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sesame 3 (Read 59073 times)
The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Sesame 3
Reply #15 - Jul 15th, 2011 at 12:57am
Print Post Print Post  
Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame 3 - Scanned Form = Database
Reply #16 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 9:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
I've been posting new features regularly on Facebook, but this one is so cool I wanted make sure everybody here saw it.

Development has written one of the best features ever for Sesame 3. You can take a paper form, use a highlighter to mark where the fields go, and scan it. Point Sesame 3 at the scanned image and it will build a database with fields in the positions you specified and the original form as the background image. You can just fill out the fields and click Print Form.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #17 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 9:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
That will be extremely useful feature. I have been currently using Physical Exam form that has been used as background image and fields are marked on it. On Opening the form the fields are filled out from the existing data from the database and I have to just print out the form most of the time. It does give me chance to change the data if I have to.

This is just round-about way. I am sure the new feature will be a direct way and a lot easier to implement. I also have quite a few pdf forms that I have to automatically fill out with data from the database and then print them out or fax as needed. Thanks for the great new feature.

IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #18 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 2:09am
Print Post Print Post  
Creating a database from a scanned piece of paper!?! WOW! That is incredible.

You all are very creative!

IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Reply #19 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 2:34am
Print Post Print Post  
Wow, that does sound cool!

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

Rick_R

Re: Sesame 3 - Hashing?
Reply #20 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 11:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
Will Sesame 3 include built-in functions to generate standard hashes such as MD5?

IP Logged

Rick_R

Re: Sesame 3 - Encryption?
Reply #21 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 11:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Will Sesame 3 include any built-in encryption capability?

You could probably avoid any export restrictions by offering encryption activation as a separate product or functionality, i.e., the basic version has the necessary code but without a separately-issued activation key the encryption functions simply pass the function argument through unchanged or apply an unrestricted encryption level.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Sesame 3 - Encryption?
Reply #22 - Sep 8th, 2011 at 1:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
Rick_R wrote on Sep 7th, 2011 at 11:29pm:
Will Sesame 3 include any built-in encryption capability?

You could probably avoid any export restrictions by offering encryption activation as a separate product or functionality, i.e., the basic version has the necessary code but without a separately-issued activation key the encryption functions simply pass the function argument through unchanged or apply an unrestricted encryption level.

Simple inclusion of any decent encryption code, the code itself, even if never invoked, without an export license for encryption is said to be a problem. We have included the XOR function in SBasic, making it trivial for the end-user to whip up a nearly unbreakable code.

Should there be enough demand for encryption, we may try to talk the boss into applying to the export license.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame 3 - Rollup from Facebook Posts
Reply #23 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 2:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
Since a bunch of you are not on Facebook, I'll try to post in both places. As always, your comments and questions are welcome. Here's a rollup:

Sesame 3 – 64 bit
Sesame 2 (a 32 bit program) will run fine on your 64 bit operating system, but it can’t take full advantage of a 64 bit system. Sesame 3 will be released in both 32 and 64 bit versions so those of you with large applications can use all the resources available to a 64 bit OS.

Sesame 3 – Notify Flags
Notify Flags let you notify Sesame via SBasic about what actions a user may or may not perform while using a particular Form. Sesame 3 adds a set of new Notify Flags that control Search, which Specs are available, printing, running Reports, macros, opening and closing apps, etc. There is also a new GlobalNotify command which sets the default Notify Flags for all your Forms at once.

Sesame 3 - Breaking News
Development just finished adding an auto-complete feature to the SBasic Programming Editor. As you type, the Editor will attempt to auto complete for you from the list of your element names and the built-in SBasic command names.

Sesame 3 - Breaking News
As of a few minutes ago, Sesame 3 now has the ability to dynamically add elements to your forms in runtime from SBasic. You can even attach programming to these elements! This opens up all kinds of possibilities for things like offering different choices to a user or gathering different information from a user based on what they selected in another element.

Sesame 3 – Server to Client File Transfer
Sesame 3 includes a new SBasic command that lets you transfer a file from the server to the client machine. Those of you who do exports or have merge documents that you want to copy to the client machine will find this command very handy. Note to admins: Yes, there is an INI file entry you can use to prevent this.

Sesame 3 –Table of Contents
Sesame 3 has a really handy Table of Contents feature. This brings up a sorted, scrollable list of selected values in your retrieved records. When you click a record in the list, it takes you directly to that record.

Sesame 3 – Breaking News
Development just implemented an amazing new search feature. If you enter a filename or URL in a field, when you search that field using the Retrieve Spec, Sesame will search the contents of the specified file or URL to see if that record matches your search criteria. I saw a demo of this a few minutes ago and my mind just exploded with the possibilities!

Sesame 3 - Binary FTP
Sesame 3 expands the FTP family of SBasic commands to include commands that can transfer files in binary mode. Now, those of you who want to FTP binary files like images and PDFs can do so from SBasic.

Sesame 3 - Multimedia Capabilities
Sesame 3 includes the ability to read barcodes, record video and take snapshots from a webcam, record audio, play video files and more. With these capabilities, Sesame can be your point of sale system, video chat provider, security monitor, etc.

Sesame 3 - Barcodes
So, I was working with the new webcam functions today. I built a little application that has my webcam watch for barcodes. When it sees one, it uses SearchUPC.com to search the internet and find how much the item costs on various websites. It then displays that list in one of the new multi-column list boxes.

Sesame 3 - Dynamic Tables
Working with Sesame 3’s new dynamic table functions today. These let you draw a table on your form and populate it with information dynamically without needing to have subrecords. I love what I was able to make it do!

For example, working with Customers, I selected an Interest from a popup list and populated a dynamic table with matching Customers. I then marked a few of the records in the table and clicked another button which opened the Customers form with only those records.

These new functions are very useful for more information display and processing tasks than I can possibly list.

Sesame 3 - Dynamic Elements
Experimenting with Sesame 3’s ability to dynamically put elements on forms today. I wrote a routine that lets you select a doctor from a list of names. It then puts a button on the form for each appointment slot that doctor has available. Click the button and it schedules that appointment. Then all the buttons go away. I’ve wanted this in Sesame for quite awhile and now it works just the way I always wanted!

Sesame 3 - Webcam
Writing examples for some more of the new Sesame 3 multimedia commands today. With a $6.00 webcam and three lines of SBasic code, I turned Sesame into a security system that monitors our office door and saves a snapshot each time it detects motion. No sneaking into or out of the office around here!

Sesame 3 - Image Tagging
If you have an Image field in your application, Sesame 3 provides the tools to add a variety of custom tags to the image. You can mark up a print, tag where an item is stored in your warehouse, add instructions, etc. The tags are stored, so they appear whenever you view the record. They tags can also be searched.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #24 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 8:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
Wow!!! Can't wait to have my hands on Sesame 3. I see endless possibilities with new features.

IP Logged

lksseven

Reply #25 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 2:22am
Print Post Print Post  
Agreed.  My head, too, was dancing with a couple of ideas inspired by the description of new features.

Larry
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #26 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 3:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3 - Adding Elements to Forms
In Sesame 3, you can add an element to your form by right-clicking and typing a label/name. This respects the settings in the Layout Element Adder, so it's a quick way to, for example, quickly add a bunch of date or number fields/elements.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #27 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 3:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
I believe it is for temporary use and does not change anything in the designer file. When one reconcile again, do these changes go away?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #28 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bharat_Naik wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 3:41pm:
I believe it is for temporary use and does not change anything in the designer file. When one reconcile again, do these changes go away?

I don't understand your question, Bharat. Clarify, please?

- Hammer
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #29 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Sesame 3 - Breaking News
As of a few minutes ago, Sesame 3 now has the ability to dynamically add elements to your forms in runtime from SBasic. You can even attach programming to these elements! This opens up all kinds of possibilities for things like offering different choices to a user or gathering different information from a user based on what they selected in another element.

I am referring to above. Adding elements to the form in Runtime. (Did not understand the part - from SBasic!!!)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print