Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sesame 3 (Read 59341 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Re: Sesame 3
Reply #30 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 5:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sorry, I believe, I get it now. One can code the application, so it can add element during runtime in the form when it satisfy certain condition.  Is that right?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #31 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 5:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bharat_Naik wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 5:20pm:
Sorry, I believe, I get it now. One can code the application, so it can add element during runtime in the form when it satisfy certain condition.  Is that right?

You can indeed temporarily add elements in SBasic. This is something else though. The right-click thing is a new tool for when you working on your Forms in SDesigner.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame 3 - Interactive Report Designer
Reply #32 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
One of Sesame 3's flagship features is the new WYSIWYG report designer. I've worked with a lot of report designers and this is easiest, most truly WYSIWYG one I've ever seen.

Right-click, select a field, and you get a column of data on your report. You also just right-click to sort, add subcalculations, change fonts, etc. Each time you make a change, the display updates to show you how your report will look.

Best of all, Sesame 3 populates the report design with actual data from your records, so you get a realistic picture of how your report will come out.

We got great feedback from our Alpha testers on this feature and we're sure it's going to make report creation much easier for all our users.

interactive_reports.png (Attachment deleted)

- Hammer
IP Logged

lksseven

Reply #33 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 1:58am
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Larry
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #34 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 1:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
lksseven wrote on Sep 15th, 2011 at 1:58am:

Development had a meeting and we have decided that we are not putting in any more Sesame 3 features until you tell us what the heck that thing is behind your cat.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Rick_R

Reply #35 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 4:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Related to "create a database from a scanned document", how about something similar for "create a database from an HTML form" or from a PDF form?

I'm not thinking that it would automatically create the "back end" for an HTML form, just a database.  People often go to websites that have an HTML form to request product information, tech support, buy or donate, etc., and think, "We could use a database like that and those are basically the fields we would need."

Considering the variety of ways to create what appears to website visitors to be an "HTML form", it might be easier to have something that generates a PDF from the HTML page (e.g., doPDF or the virtual PDF printer Acrobat installs) and then use that as the source to generate the database.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2011 at 10:15pm by Rick_R »  

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #36 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 5:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
Rick_R wrote on Sep 15th, 2011 at 4:35pm:
Related to "create a database from a scanned document", how about something similar for "create a database from an HTML form" or from a PDF form?

Sesame3 has Create Database from HTML Form and Create Database from HTML Table.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame 3 - Initial Values
Reply #37 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 6:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3 provides a way to set calculated values like current date, current time, or @Number as initial values. This is something that we had in Q&A, but not in Sesame 2. In Sesame 3, we've gotten that back for you in a way that lets you set simple values, but also much more.

- Hammer
IP Logged

lksseven

Reply #38 - Sep 16th, 2011 at 6:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Sep 15th, 2011 at 1:31pm:

Development had a meeting and we have decided that we are not putting in any more Sesame 3 features until you tell us what the heck that thing is behind your cat.

HaHa!   It's a wood sculpture.  The cat's name is 'Paper' (one of two rescue cats - the other is named 'Toner'), and I liked that their silhouettes were so similar - Wood and Paper.

Hope that satisfies the development gurus!

Larry
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #39 - Sep 16th, 2011 at 6:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
lksseven wrote on Sep 16th, 2011 at 6:09pm:
Hammer wrote on Sep 15th, 2011 at 1:31pm:

HaHa!   It's a wood sculpture.  The cat's name is 'Paper' (one of two rescue cats - the other is named 'Toner'), and I liked that their silhouettes were so similar - Wood and Paper.

Hope that satisfies the development gurus!

Yes. Thank you. We will now return to work.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #40 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 8:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
After a multi-day tug-of-war between the requirements of 64 bit versus 32 bit software, I am pleased to say that Development has managed to make shared libraries (dll’s and so’s) available from SBasic. That makes a whole pile of external functionality available, including operating system functions like common dialogs, SDK functions, etc. This is an advanced capability, but it opens up a world of capabilities for your developer or for you.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame 3 Breaking News - Fixed Length Import
Reply #41 - Sep 27th, 2011 at 8:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3 Breaking News - Fixed Length Import
In response to requests from our users, Sesame 3 now has fixed length import capability. Thanks for your input!

- Hammer
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame 3 - Table View Row Height
Reply #42 - Sep 28th, 2011 at 6:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3 - Breaking News
In response to requests from our users, Sesame 3 Table View now increases the height of each row to fit the tallest data in that row. Thanks for your input!

- Hammer
IP Logged

Acebanner

Reply #43 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 6:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Sesame 3 – Breaking News
Development just implemented an amazing new search feature. If you enter a filename or URL in a field, when you search that field using the Retrieve Spec, Sesame will search the contents of the specified file or URL to see if that record matches your search criteria. I saw a demo of this a few minutes ago and my mind just exploded with the possibilities!

I don't understand -- let's say I put a hyperlink into a client record, the 'contact us' page of their website -- are you saying that Sesame will check to see if the contact information in the record itself matches the website page?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #44 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 6:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
Acebanner wrote on Sep 30th, 2011 at 6:16pm:
Quote:
Sesame 3 – Breaking News
Development just implemented an amazing new search feature. If you enter a filename or URL in a field, when you search that field using the Retrieve Spec, Sesame will search the contents of the specified file or URL to see if that record matches your search criteria. I saw a demo of this a few minutes ago and my mind just exploded with the possibilities!

I don't understand -- let's say I put a hyperlink into a client record, the 'contact us' page of their website -- are you saying that Sesame will check to see if the contact information in the record itself matches the website page?

Not quite. If you put a hyperlink into a client record, the 'contact us' page of their website, searching for ..lantica.. in that field will return any record where the contents of the 'contact us' url entered on that record contain "lantica".

- Hammer
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print