Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sesame Server on Linux (Read 31850 times)
carsten

Carpe Diem

Re: Sesame Server on Linux
Reply #75 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 6:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sorry I didn't see your reply.

I use "," as the decimal separator and "." as the thousands sign.
I am not sure, how to check what ubuntu is using during boot and when it changes.
It appears that everything is fine once the system has finished booting appart from the € sign.

Carsten&&The Houseman&&"Smiling improves your face value"&&"A Clean House is a Sign of a Wasted Life"&&"Rather Big and Hard then Micro and Soft"

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #76 - Jun 12th, 2014 at 8:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
If you just kick off the server normally - not at boot, do you see the same numeric issue?

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

carsten

Carpe Diem

Reply #77 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 6:44am
Print Post Print Post  
When I start the sesame server normally I do not see the problem. It seems to be running fine.

Carsten&&The Houseman&&"Smiling improves your face value"&&"A Clean House is a Sign of a Wasted Life"&&"Rather Big and Hard then Micro and Soft"

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #78 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 2:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
Then it appears that you have hit the bug on the head. The locale information that you are normally using is not being set soon enough to cover running a daemon.

I haven't seen this (in the US), so I'll have to do some google searches to see if this is common problem, with a common solution.

In the meantime you might want to set up your shell script (that launches Sesame) to set the locale environment variables for Sesame.

Or, you could write a new shell script for use with cron, that checks if Sesame is running every 10 minutes or so, and if not - launches it. That way Sesame will start well after your system is fully booted.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #79 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 1:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Carsten,

How are you launching your daemon on boot? Did you manually edit files in init.d? Are you using a utility do daemonize Sesame? If so, which? With what settings?

Making sure that it is launched after the locale settings for the system have been established depends on the method you are using and the run-level set. You should be trying to cause it to be launched as late as possible during the boot sequence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print