Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Suggestions for future version (Read 10110 times)
wase

Always looking for a good
code

Re: Suggestions for future version
Reply #15 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 12:06am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi

Very useful would be a opportunity to set own page sizes for the print command (PrintPagePaper(...) )

ICQ ICQ  
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #16 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 12:33am
Print Post Print Post  
I may be wrong about this (I can't test printers here), but I think you may be able to set PrintPagePaper to zero and then use the NewPage coordinates to set the scaling on a custom page size.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

wase

code

Reply #17 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 12:42am
Print Post Print Post  
if this works would be verry usefull
what kind of dimension is used then ?
maybe pix, inch, (i dont think) mm

ICQ ICQ  
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #18 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 1:02am
Print Post Print Post  
I'm not sure. I looked in the code and saw that zero means user defined. I suspect that it is arbitrary. In other words, if you specify paper size as zero and call NewPage(700, 1200) - that is the same as telling the printer: "whatever size you have, divide the width by 700 and divide the height by 1200" to create the minimum resolution.

IP Logged

wase

code

Reply #19 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 1:19am
Print Post Print Post  
I want to use it with a endless printer (star tsp700) for POS system
so there is no PaperEnd in Y direction

is not really important
i am taking now A4 paper and print several pages but maybe it would be necessary for other users

ICQ ICQ  
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #20 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 4:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I want to use it with a endless printer (star tsp700) for POS system
so there is no PaperEnd in Y direction

Wase

I am using a Star TSP 743D-24 printer with code that I believe is similar to what mark is saying above.

“ specify paper size as zero and call NewPage(700, 1200)”

It prints on the Star TSP whatever length of paper my output needs and then stops. It prints an inch if needed or 20 inches if the output calls for it.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

wase

code

Reply #21 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 6:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
very interesting thanks for the tip

ICQ ICQ  
IP Logged

digimom1962

Natalie Gann

Reply #22 - Mar 31st, 2006 at 8:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Is the element list in program editor in order of creation or order of execution? If it is just random order, could it have an option to alphabetize?

Just thinking Roll Eyes
~Natalie

So much time and so little to do . . . strike that, reverse it.
YIM YIM  
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #23 - Mar 31st, 2006 at 8:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Is the element list in program editor in order of creation or order of execution? If it is just random order, could it have an option to alphabetize?

Just thinking Roll Eyes
~Natalie

None of the above. It is controlled by the order in which the elements appear on your Form. As to alphabetizing, 2.0 has this feature already implemented.  Smiley

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

digimom1962

Natalie Gann

Reply #24 - Mar 31st, 2006 at 8:07pm
Print Post Print Post  
GrinYeah 2.0!

So much time and so little to do . . . strike that, reverse it.
YIM YIM  
IP Logged

Amor
Members

No personal text

Reply #25 - Mar 31st, 2006 at 10:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello!

I need to translate the menu tree  into german.  

I would like to know if it ist possible to change the user menu commands to german ?

The old problem with exported  records from Q&A 5 german DOS as Standard Ascii :
the  special german characters (umlauts) schown   strange symbols.
With Sesame, i have descovred today
that the old problem is solved.

That is fine, thank you for the fix!

Dr. med. Amor Belhareth&&Medizin Labor &&Germany

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #26 - Apr 1st, 2006 at 12:03am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Hello!

I need to translate the menu tree  into german. 

I would like to know if it ist possible to change the user menu commands to german ?

Have you tried using AddToTranslation table? It should be able to translate all of the user interface other than the form itself.

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #27 - Apr 2nd, 2006 at 2:42am
Print Post Print Post  
Document management application is the need of the hour for small to medium size business as well as any average household. Integrated document management application with any other database application would add immensely to the practical use.

What I foresee is to have the ability to scan any document from inside Sesame and Sesame should give appropriate Unique name integrating the key field, date and sequential number and place the name of the document in specified natural linked form field (Natural Link, as it would expand to accommodate more documents as required.  There are programs which scan the documents in PDF format such as PaperPort.  If something like that could be achieved then documents can be opened, printed, emailed or faxed with a click of a button. Acrobat Readers are ubiquitous and freely available.  If not pdf format, there are multi-page tiff format that could be later on converted to pdf for distribution.

There are good document management systems available but they are of little use to us unless they could be easily integrated in acceptable way with Sesame which is the heart and soul of our business.

I am aware that development team at Lantica has achieved all these capabilities in spite of not resorting to using dll files with exception of ODBC driver (that  I have opted to do without) and that has made the life simpler for all the users.  Is there a way to make Scanning  available from inside Sesame without dll file?

I see very urgent need for such integrated application in my (medical) profession and this may be true for all different professions and businesses.  We all know Sesame can do all these effectively with a little utilization of available other resources in the computer.  I also believe such implementation can give Sesame competitive advantage in the market. I guess my vision is limited while the developers will have a lot broader scope in mind and I have little doubt that in due course it will be implemented in a lot better way than I could ever imagine. My only hope that it is implemented sooner. Is it too much to ask for in version 2.0?

Bharat Naik

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #28 - Apr 2nd, 2006 at 3:39am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Document management application is the need of the hour for small to medium size business as well as any average household. Integrated document management application with any other database application would add immensely to the practical use.

What I foresee is to have the ability to scan any document from inside Sesame and Sesame should give appropriate Unique name integrating the key field, date and sequential number and place the name of the document in specified natural linked form field (Natural Link, as it would expand to accommodate more documents as required.  There are programs which scan the documents in PDF format such as PaperPort.  If something like that could be achieved then documents can be opened, printed, emailed or faxed with a click of a button. Acrobat Readers are ubiquitous and freely available.  If not pdf format, there are multi-page tiff format that could be later on converted to pdf for distribution.

There are good document management systems available but they are of little use to us unless they could be easily integrated in acceptable way with Sesame which is the heart and soul of our business.

I am aware that development team at Lantica has achieved all these capabilities in spite of not resorting to using dll files with exception of ODBC driver (that  I have opted to do without) and that has made the life simpler for all the users.  Is there a way to make Scanning  available from inside Sesame without dll file?

I see very urgent need for such integrated application in my (medical) profession and this may be true for all different professions and businesses.  We all know Sesame can do all these effectively with a little utilization of available other resources in the computer.  I also believe such implementation can give Sesame competitive advantage in the market. I guess my vision is limited while the developers will have a lot broader scope in mind and I have little doubt that in due course it will be implemented in a lot better way than I could ever imagine. My only hope that it is implemented sooner. Is it too much to ask for in version 2.0?

Bharat Naik

I suspect that a lot of what you are talking about can be done in Sesame as it is - given the right external utilities. Sesame 2.0 has additional facility for working with external programs. Linux has command line tools that scanning, OCR,  and document conversion that will work with Sesame.

Under Windows the difficulties come from the GUI-ish nature of the TWAIN standard for scanners (cameras, etc...). TWAIN wants to be integrated directly into the calling program and requires that a dialog box facility be available - all very not portable. And, in the end, cannot provide Sesame (directly) with the filename of scanned document. There have been some efforts into creating an open TWAIN standard that can be implemented across platforms. But from a bit of research, there has not been much motion in this direction. Generally Linux uses an open software package called SANE for scanner interface.

Much of what you describe actually sounds more like building an application in Sesame that can be configured for different businesses.

If a command line scan/OCR pdf generator could be found for windows, I can see a lot of potential...

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #29 - Apr 2nd, 2006 at 3:59am
Print Post Print Post  
Actually, just looking around, I found some command line scan/acquire/convert utilities for windows.

Acquire from Dosadi ($99 USD)
http://www.dosadi.com/acqdet.htm

Able Graphics Manager ($35 USD)
http://www.graphicregion.com/products.htm

It also looks like the SANE command line tools have been ported to windows (in several incarnations) - and most are free.

http://sanetwain.ozuzo.net/
http://thegoldenear.org/toolbox/unices/scanning.html

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print