Normal Topic Web page stats changing (Read 800 times)
The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Web page stats changing
Dec 15th, 2005 at 2:38am
Print Post Print Post  
Well last month we set a new www.lantica.com record and received the most visitors and the most requests for pages in Lantica's history. The previous record was held by March 2005 (also a release month).

Tuesday has surpassed Wednesday as our most popular day. They are running neck and neck and always have.

4:00 p.m. is our most popular hour. But from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. runs almost even, with a little dip in mid-morning.

I.E. still accounts for the majority of the requests, accounting for about one third. But Mozilla (probably Firefox) is catching up fast and accounts for a little bit over a quarter of the requests. The third place prize (strangely) isn't a browser, but is the Microsoft web spider "msnbot", which indexes our pages 6 times more than does Google's spider.

Netscape is falling in popularity, and comes in a distant fourth.

Googlebot and unspecified "others" account for the rest. Some of the others:
Konquerer (Linux KDE desktop's browser)
Opera (Cross platform)
Safari (Mac)

Various versions of Windows account for two thirds of the requests. WinXP is most popular, followed (distantly) by Win2000, then 98, ME, NT, "Unknown" Windows, and lastly Win95.

The remaining third is split between various versions of Unix: Linux, Mac (hey, it is Unix now!), BSD, and others (Irix, Solaris, and HPUX), And "OS Unknown". There is a bit left over for web spiders and robots. Of the Unixes (unsurprisingly), Linux is leading the pack. Linux is now beating ME, NT, "Unknown Windows" and 95 - combined.

Given that msnbot (MSN) accounts for so many requests on the site, it is a bit strange that Google provides 10 times more referrals.

People are finding us by googling for "lantica", "database software", and "sesame database". A little more interesting: some find us with "symantec touchbase software". Touchbase - its been a while...but I guess its still in the DTF header.

The bulk of our traffic (bytes transferred) are downloads, accounting for more than 50%. The forum accounts for about 10% of the traffic.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged