Normal Topic Report sub-count format (Read 567 times)
SpencerWulwick
Members

Report sub-count format
Nov 5th, 2005 at 4:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi -

I am working on a report that I was helped with before .... but that requires more detail for this year's reunon.

I need to show reserved seating by table numbers, along with the # of entree's:  B(eef), C(hicken) or F(ish).

The total count at the end of the report works just fine.  I get something like:

Count 30           B = 8 C = 8 F = 11 U = 3

(The U is for Unknown at present)

But I also need a count of the number of entrees at each table.  Although I get the correct result, it is not legible because it is spread out across columns and I get something like:

Count 8       B =                     0 C =         1 F        4 U 3        
                                                                 =          =

(The message is not retaining the actual format; however one equal sign appears under the F and the other appears under the U).

The report elements for the report summary is entered in the "View Footer" section and the report elements for the table summaries is entered in the Group Footer 2 (Group footer 1 is a "page break" to separate the tables).  I have tried using various combinations of "spacers" however, this did not help.

Assuming I can get this to work, I also need to know whether there is a way to force a physical page break.  I want each table (1 through 25) to be on a separate page.

Thanks!

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Report sub-count format
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2005 at 10:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
Don't understand why one count displays properly and the other does not.  Should be identical except reference to a different element for counting.
===============================

Are you using two report elements, one with the label and one with the count

OR

Are you using a program statement like:
Thiselement = "B= " + @Str(CountElement) ?

The second option is probably the way to go.
==================================
Can't you append the second line to the first line using @newline()......like these untested lines::
KnownCount formula + @newline() +  EntreeCount formula

or

KnownCount formula + "<br>" +  EntreeCount formula

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

SpencerWulwick
Members

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2005 at 9:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi -

As many of you know and others can probably tell from my posts, I am rarely at a "loss for words."

But I must confess that my current level of vocabulary seems insufficient to adequately express to Bob Hansen the gratitude I feel for all the help he has given me.  I am especially overwhelmed by his untiring efforts to help me get this report looking the way I want it.

Quite some time ago, he helped me with a similar report.  I was more than satisfied with the outcome and simply "gave up" on one modification I would have liked - and just couldn't get to work.

Well, he literally spent hours on the phone with me (last night), helping me finalize the current report I am working on to get precisely not just what I wanted, but how I wanted it to look.  Not only that, but we even worked on the "original" report and were able to make that "one last adjustment" that, for me, made the report perfect.

So, for lack of a better way to adequately describe my sincere appreciation, I will simply say THANK YOU!!! for all your help.  I do hope that you have some sense of the depth of my gratitude.

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 12:44am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Spencer.....

Nice words, thanks. 

Glad we were able to get your reports done, even if it was 2 in the morning.  Just an extension of our SANE (Sesame Associates of New England) Users Group meeting earlier that day Grin

Be sure to save me a seat for the reunion that your report was for.  Sign me up for Fish.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged