Normal Topic Combo Boxes (Read 1930 times)
proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Combo Boxes
Dec 28th, 2004 at 5:42pm
Print Post Print Post  
Since upgrading to 1.1 the combo box no longer drops down when you tab into it, has to be opened with the mouse,before 1.1 you could tab into it, it would drop down and the first letter selected would display in the box, it does nothing now when tabbed into it. Was this planned or a issue?  Sad

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Combo Boxes
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2004 at 7:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Proudpoppy,

I just tested versions 1.0.3, 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 beta and when tabbing into a combo box element, it does not drop down the list. The list can be dropped down by hitting the down arrow key on your keyboard. The list can also be dropped down by hitting the left or right arrow key but only if there is a value in the combo box.

You can also drop down the list by typing the first character of the value that you want to select from the list. For example say you wanted to select the value "Payment" from a combo box. What you would do is tab into the Combo box, and hit the "p" key on your keyboard. The list is dropped down and the first word that starts with the letter "P" is selected.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Re: Combo Boxes
Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2004 at 9:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
I went back and retested it, I run with caps off and I was holding down the shift key and selecting the first letter of a drop down choice and nothing was happening have not tested to see if it worked in 1.04 will later today.Worked fine just pressing the letter and keeping my finger off the shift key.  Grin

IP Logged