Normal Topic Sesame 1.0.4 is available for download! (Read 712 times)
Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame 1.0.4 is available for download!
Jun 7th, 2004 at 11:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 1.0.4 is available for download!

Downloads Area

Change Log

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Sesame 1.0.4 is available for download!
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2004 at 1:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Glad to see it, lots of new things to get familiar with.
==========================

OOPS!....My Mistake!......Embarrassed

As Erika points out, the supplement is currently cumulative.....No need to read the remainder of this posting, I will probably delete it.
=================================
Some observations about documentation:
I see that the supplement for 1.0.3 is not included.  So this means if someone purchases Sesame today, they will get the Programming Guide, plus the 1.0.4 supplement, but will be missing the supplement for 1.0.3.  Will this continue to be the process?  Will multiple supplements for earlier versions need to be downloaded?  Where can they be downloaded from?

What about documentation for the demo copy?  I don't beleive that there have been any supplements available for them.
==========================
Three suggestions:

1.  Provide a separate Documentation/Change Log section in the Download area, common for Registered and Demo users.  The supplement for each release could be provided here.

2.  Each new Sesame release should include all necessary supplements that are not in the current Programming Guide, not just the supplement for that release.

3.  Append each new supplement to the current supplement so that there is only one combined supplement.  This could have "chapters/sections" for each release.  This would also eliminate the need for suggestions 1 and 2.  Only one supplement would need to be provided with each release.  And this would also eliminate the need for a Documentation Download section since there would only be one supplement and it would be current and all-inclusive.  This single supplement would also be available in the Demo version that is downloaded.
=========================
OK, enough of this, back to check out all the new features in release 1.0.4, thanks again.

« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2004 at 6:17pm by Bob_Hansen »  

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2004 at 5:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bob,

I believe the Supplement is cumulative. It includes everything from the 1.0.3 Supplement.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2004 at 6:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
How did I miss that? Embarrassed  I skipped some pages, was too anxious to get inside.

Sorry Erika.  I will edit/remove earlier posting, and your response can be removed also..........Thanks.....

I should have know that you would have done this correctly.  Good job for making it combined.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged