Normal Topic Baltimore Prg Seminar - Feedback??? (Read 464 times)
jyellis
Members

No personal text

Baltimore Prg Seminar - Feedback???
May 10th, 2004 at 3:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm anxious to hear from the participants of this "dry-run" seminar that was held this past weekend in Baltimore.

How was it laid out...what topics...overall benefit to new and experience programmers?????

Thanks,
Judy (Texas)

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Baltimore Prg Seminar - Feedback???
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2004 at 3:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quick summary is that a well thought out program with manuals and examples was provided.  Covered programming only, nothing related to Sesame layouts, etc.  Broken into "Q&A and non-programmers" and "advanced" sections.  Covered variables, type and scope, arrays, conditionals, loops, arguments, debugging, good practices, subroutines, user defined functions, global values, event triggers, printing commands, text string manipluation, and other subjects.

Presentation was group involvement, not having an instructor talk down to you.  All questions were answered, and tools were actually created for future release as a  result of some questions.   No need to have laptops or computers, material well covered with projectors and two manuals, almost 100 pages of support details.

I have not yet written my summary to Erika, so I would prefer to hold off any other comments until she hears it from me first.  I am sure the following sessions will benefit from the feedback from last week's session, but even with no changes, a good training session tool now exists, as is.

Look forward to it, sign up now, still plenty of good seats up front........ Grin

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged