Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Double focus when Subforms are used (Read 2112 times)
Carl Underwood
Members

Re: Double focus when Subforms are used
Reply #15 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 4:38am
Print Post Print Post  
Mark,

I do believe we haven't understood each other due to terminology. Based on what you posted here, when I say "focus", I actually mean "current LE", I think.

I guess what I was asking, was if there is a way for subforms to simply display the field information without actually needing the "current LE" status to be in one of the subform elements as it creates the rows of a table view subform. Because with true focus (cursor in element) on a main form, the subform entry events are executing as the main form is advanced. Is it possible to have "NO current LE"? Or while focus is actually in the main form, maybe programming should be deactivated for the subform (similar to Shift-F6), and activated when focus is placed in the subform.

If not, maybe we simply need to use the workaround that I am using. I have an On Form Exit event with a goto command that sends "current LE" status to an element that has absolutely no programming in it. That seems to have solved my problem.

(I understand that it must be very difficult to predict every way users will try to bend and twist Sesame. And I don't envy the pressure you must be under to please everyone's personal preferences. I appreciate your commitment and effort to continue to put up with us and our whining. Wink)

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #16 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 11:54am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I have an On Form Exit event with a goto command that sends "current LE" status to an element that has absolutely no programming in it. That seems to have solved my problem.

Carl,
Is the on form exit event  sending "current LE" status to an element that has absolutely no programming in it in  the subform or parent?

Quote:

(I understand that it must be very difficult to predict every way users will try to bend and twist Sesame. And I don't envy the pressure you must be under to please everyone's personal preferences. I appreciate your commitment and effort to continue to put up with us and our whining. Wink)

I will second your comments on this!  Cheesy

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Reply #17 - Apr 13th, 2004 at 1:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Is the on form exit event  sending "current LE" status to an element that has absolutely no programming in it in  the subform or parent?

It's in the subform. ([FormName] :: On Form Exit)

And I put it in an EXIT event, because that way I can be sure which element has "current" status before entering the next form. (Usually, Form On Form Entry executes before Element On Form Entry, but I seem to remember it happening in the opposite order once. So, to be SURE, I put it in the exit event.)

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print