Normal Topic searching in subform (Read 648 times)
FSGROUP

No personal text

searching in subform
Feb 4th, 2004 at 9:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
i seem to be unable to find records in the main form whilst searching in a child field.  my subform is set up to show related subrecords with matching field values.

this value is ID and I am trying to look for all Clients with kids, so my search is "/=" in the ChildName field in the subform.

Am I missing something?

TIA

IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Re: searching in subform
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2004 at 10:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
... I am trying to look for all Clients with kids, so my search is "/=" in the ChildName field in the subform.

- This should work OK. If you try it in the COUNTRIES sample form (/= in City name in the subform) it shows all countries that have one or more cities.  What are you getting?

Alec
IP Logged

FSGROUP

No personal text

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2004 at 11:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
i don't know why this search works for another subform that references the same parent key(ie., ID).

as for the subforms that won't allow a search, they will however allow a retrieval of all subrecords(using a F10 in the subform)

IP Logged

FSGROUP

No personal text

Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2004 at 10:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
still no luck with searching subforms.  Sad
all my subforms have a field (CID) that references a field(ID) in the main form.  if i do a search for ID=2, i am able to view all subrecords where CID=2(which is correct), but when attempting to search for CID=2 in the subform, i get "no records returned by query".

what am i missing?

thanx

IP Logged