Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) 3 Computer Network setup (Read 5257 times)
Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: 3 Computer Network setup
Reply #15 - Jan 13th, 2004 at 9:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I tested all machines.  With only 1 copy of Sesame open on the network and no copies of Designer open, I still get the same errors server has failed and too many clients.

Just to clarify: You are running a Sesame server. You connect with one client and open an application. You select redesign Current Application. Error message occurs.

Is this correct?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #16 - Jan 14th, 2004 at 2:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Mark....
Now that we have all three machines working.  Station Two that I mentioned brings up the dial up box when you open Sesame.....it also has another problem....When you go to Application Utilities; Redesign current Application....it brings up the dial up box...then I hit cancel...then it brings up two error messages cannot connect to server; then too many clients

This is likely due to (again) the space in your computer name. When you put it double quotes for the shortcut, windows passes it to Sesame as a single word. But Sesame then uses it to open SDesigner, and not knowing that there is a space in the name, does not put it in double quotes when it invokes SDesigner. So SDesigner starts looking for a computer named "Station" followed by the word "One" - instead of looking for "Station One".

To work around this until the next release, you can make a shortcut for SDesigner, much like you did for the Sesame client:

Target: C:\Sesame\Program\SDesigner.exe -client "Station One"
Start in: C:\Sesame

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

jyellis
Members

No personal text

Reply #17 - Jan 14th, 2004 at 2:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Just to clarify: You are running a Sesame server. You connect with one client and open an application. You select redesign Current Application. Error message occurs.

Is this correct?

Yes that is correct

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print