Normal Topic Lantica's distribution ways (Read 836 times)
ProBase
Members

No personal text

Lantica's distribution ways
Jan 13th, 2004 at 8:45am
Print Post Print Post  
Hello!

I finally got my copy of Sesame last friday. unfortunately I had to pay about 25% of the value for declaration (because of import from USA to Austria) ;o(

Isn't it strange? I had to pay THE 50 dollars I got price-reduction because of pre-ordering.

So in that case, I hope, that Lantica will find european distributors in the near future. Because I can't tell my future customers, that they have to order they're software in the USA and declare it.

I post this in the forum, because I think that many other non-us Lantica-Users may have the same problem.

That's a big problem for me at the moment, but I can accept it, 'cause Lantica has done great work. I showed Sesame my father (Who was Q&A-Poweruser for 15 years, doesn't change to Sesame because he will retire), he was really impressed ;o)

So I wish you all good luck for the future, and that the typicall beginning-problems will be solved quickly ;o)

ProBase
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2004 at 3:42pm by ProBase »  

IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Re: Lantica's distribution ways
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2004 at 3:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I finally got my copy of Sesame last friday. unfortunately I had to pay about 25% of the value for declaration (because of import from USA to Austria)
So in that case, I hope, that Lantica will find european distributors in the near future.

Yes this is something that can happen. It's something of a lottery.  Sometimes imports just go through, other times you get stung for import duty or VAT. There's nothing we can do about that.  But take comfort in this: you are paying the low US price, not an inflated European price. If you check the price of just about any software you buy in Europe, you'll find it's cheaper in the USA.  By purchasing direct from Lantica in the USA you are buying at the same price as US purchasers. No overseas premium.

We will in due course have overseas distributors. Right now though we are handling it ourselves. This is sensible, until we see what sort of picture is emerging.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Alec
IP Logged