Normal Topic @SpecCommand (Read 2940 times)
Carl Underwood
Members

@SpecCommand
Apr 5th, 2022 at 6:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
I've been playing around with @SpecCommand to read the contents of all the spec types using the SPEC_OPERATION_VIEW argument, and have some questions. Most of the spec types are self-explanatory. But there are two that I'm not clear about, and another that doesn't return the stored specs.

What are the following items supposed to contain? (These don't appear to be part of the spec manager):
  1. SPEC_TYPE_RESTRICTION
    • Even though it's not a saved spec in the spec manager, I tried setting data entry restrictions for some of the layout elements on the form, just to test. But they don't show up using this argument with @SpecCommand, either.
  2. SPEC_TYPE_PRINT_SETTINGS
    • I had no ideas for this one, since printing is usually done with programming commands, like PrintString, @PrintAReport, etc.

This one appears to be a bug because it doesn't return any stored specs, even though I have some saved:
  1. SPEC_TYPE_TABLE
    • I can get a list of the saved spec names using SPEC_OPERATION_LIST, but not the content using SPEC_OPERATION_VIEW.

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: @SpecCommand
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2022 at 7:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Carl Underwood wrote on Apr 5th, 2022 at 6:27pm:
SPEC_TYPE_RESTRICTION
SPEC_TYPE_PRINT_SETTINGS

Nothing currently. They really shouldn't be in the documentation but it's a copy/paste issue.

Quote:
This one appears to be a bug because it doesn't return any stored specs, even though I have some saved:

SPEC_TYPE_TABLE
        I can get a list of the saved spec names using SPEC_OPERATION_LIST, but not the content using SPEC_OPERATION_VIEW.

I'll look into that one and if it's a bug I'll get it fixed

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged