Normal Topic Alignment of information (Read 11715 times)
NHUser

Alignment of information
May 8th, 2020 at 5:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm trying to develop a list of data from various elements.  I want to show the data in tabular format. So far, I've tried the following programming:

vList=      RMA_MultiPN1 + ": "+RMA_MultiQty1 + ". Customer Concern Number: "+ RMA_MultiConcern1 + @newline()+
     RMA_MultiPN2 + ": "+RMA_MultiQty2 + ". Customer Concern Number: "+ RMA_MultiConcern2 + @newline()+
     RMA_MultiPN3 + ": "+RMA_MultiQty3 + ". Customer Concern Number: "+ RMA_MultiConcern3 + @newline()+
     RMA_MultiPN4 + ": "+RMA_MultiQty4 + ". Customer Concern Number: "+ RMA_MultiConcern4 + @newline()+
     RMA_MultiPN5 + ": "+RMA_MultiQty5 + ". Customer Concern Number: "+ RMA_MultiConcern5 + @newline()+
     RMA_MultiPN6 + ": "+RMA_MultiQty6 + ". Customer Concern Number: "+ RMA_MultiConcern6 + @newline()+
     RMA_MultiPN7 + ": "+RMA_MultiQty7 + ". Customer Concern Number: "+ RMA_MultiConcern7 + @newline()+
     RMA_MultiPN8 + ": "+RMA_MultiQty8 + ". Customer Concern Number: "+ RMA_MultiConcern8 + @newline()+
     RMA_MultiPN9 + ": "+RMA_MultiQty9 + ". Customer Concern Number: "+ RMA_MultiConcern9 + @newline()+
     RMA_MultiPN10 + ": "+RMA_MultiQty10 + ". Customer Concern Number: "+ RMA_MultiConcern10 + @newline()+

However, the data as shown by a WriteLn command gives me the data but each line varies in length and the data is mashed together.

Is there a way to display this data in a tabular format?

Any help is appreciated!

NHUser

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Alignment of information
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2020 at 5:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Paul,

The best way to get a table is to write a small HTML page and use HTML Table tags to create the table, align the columns, etc. etc. and then use @ASynchShell() to have the system open it in the default browser

Otherwise you would have to fudge it by measuring sting lengths and using @Text() to insert a calculated number of spaces, using a fixed width font, etc.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged