Normal Topic BUTTON MENU FOR MULTIPLE FORMS (Read 8370 times)
cbislander

BUTTON MENU FOR MULTIPLE FORMS
Jun 27th, 2019 at 1:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have been able to create Menu form like the one from the First Look sample database.  My question is can I have buttons that link to other databases.

In Q&A, I have a menu that have a opens different databases such as Invoice, Inventory, Transfer and Report from the Invoice database.  The Sesame menu seems to only work for any form within the same database.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: BUTTON MENU FOR MULTIPLE FORMS
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 1:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
cbislander wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 1:29pm:
The Sesame menu seems to only work for any form within the same database. 

@SelectTreeItem() can be used to open any Form within any database inside the current application(.db). For Example: The FirstLook application has 4 Databases in it: Customers, Zipcode, Employee, and FunStuff. Each of those databases has it's own form inside of it. You can use Merge Application on the Main Menu to merge other Databases from other Applications(.db) into your current Application.

If you are wanting to open another Application from your main menu, you can use DeferredOpenApplication()

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

cbislander

Re: BUTTON MENU FOR MULTIPLE FORMS
Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2019 at 9:44pm
Print Post Print Post  
If I use the programmed below for a command button, it will open Sesame in a new window.( Ha, I said "open Sesame" ) What do I add to get it to open a specific database?

Var n as int

n = @AsynchShell("C:\Sesame2\Program\sesame.exe")

IP Logged