Normal Topic Error: failure while loading application - Memory? (Read 1622 times)
actiontech

Error: failure while loading application - Memory?
Mar 25th, 2018 at 8:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello, seeking help from anyone who may have had this error or know what's going on. I was updating the application. And prior to reconciling the .db I made a backup through the Administration console. Somehow or another both the backup I made today and the .db got corrupted. The s2 log reads "Cannot memory seek." and "Failed to read a record." The .dsr still loads up fine and I can preview the application. However, I cannot just save  a new application, as this .dsr's records are not up to date at all by years. Ironically, a backup I made 2 days ago still works, yet today's backup BEFORE RECONCILLING is corrupted. This leads me to believe that there was an error with this computer as it is Windows 10, and Windows 10 has been found to still be very buggy. I've noticed a couple times when restarting this computer an error pops up about memory, but it disappears so fast I can't read the error code. I'm thinking it's also possible that the computer may have disconnected and reconnected to the router while the Sesame Server was active, maybe thus causing broken links or something? I'm just grabbing at straws here but come Monday if this isn't working it's not going to be good. A whole lot of information has been entered over the last 2-3 days, as the business is still active on the weekends.

IP Logged

actiontech

Re: Error: failure while loading application - Memory?
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 9:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Nvm, I was able to open the .db application with Sesame Designer and save it as a new application and now it works with all the most recent records in tact. Though I am still curious as to what caused that error. Thanks for the time.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 1:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
The most common cause of that error is trying to use a DB file that is either older or newer than the DAT file so they are not a matched set. This can happen if you backup just a DB file but not it's DAT file, or otherwise copy one file without the other. When you are moving files, you need to more the DB and DAT files together and the DSR and DDT files together.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

actiontech

Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 6:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks

IP Logged

actiontech

Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 4:18am
Print Post Print Post  
Having the same problem again, except this time it had nothing to do with Reconciling from Sesame Designer, but instead was affected by the Server and a power outage. The Server appeared to work the last couple days since the outage, however Clients wouldn't be able to search records and I would have to close the client and reopen it to be able to search. Now they don't connect to the Server at all. I tried the trick of opening it in Sesame Designer and saving it as a new application but no luck, it won't let me. It gives me the same Error as when trying to open it on a Sesame Client.

IP Logged