Normal Topic Import CSV missing rows (Read 610 times)
Robert

Import CSV missing rows
Oct 19th, 2014 at 5:03am
Print Post Print Post  
I have a csv file I'm importing into a Sesame database.  I get no errors when importing yet the number of records imported is about 200 less than what's in the csv file.  Before I start pulling my hair out, what might cause the import to skip a row?

IP Logged

Renato Piacenti

No personal text

Re: Import CSV missing rows
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 9:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
hi Robert

Check if the file has the characters () " / = + -? \;: This sometimes generates error on import.
The default field delimiter is "" and; if you have this character in the text import will give problems.

Renato Piacenti&&Manaus Amazonas Brazil&&Aqui a Floresta esta sendo preservada.&&Preserve a sua tamb�m.

IP Logged

Robert

Re: Import CSV missing rows
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 10:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
I made a semicolon delimited ascii export from qa then put it in excel and exported back out as an actual comma-quote delimited file and it matches the number of rows from the qa database.  I'm thinking they typed quotes into their comment field somewhere and it's making extra fields in the export.

I'm thinking I'll just run through the qa conversion again from the original qa file into a new blank sesame database.  then I'll export that out after checking the comment fields and finally push it into the real sesame file.....

It's complicated but I'm on a deadline.

IP Logged