Normal Topic Sesame server over internet issue (Read 1282 times)
BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Sesame server over internet issue
Jul 5th, 2012 at 4:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have been using sesame server on a windows 7 box for over a year with absolutely no problems.

Today when users log in they can navigate around perfectly they can add notes but when they go to add a new record in the Main database Seasme goes south and gives a lost connection to server error.

Nothing has changed on the client or server machines or in the code.

If I take my files and move them to a machine using sesame server but not through the internet everything is fine.

What in the world could have changed? I have restarted server, gone to a backup of the database and still have same issue.

Below is the code on the button that I use to create a new order. when this is used we have the problem.

Thoughts?

// Save for safety
var vTemp as Int
var vNextNum as Int

If  @isblank(Status)
Then
{
     @Msgbox("This record has no Status", "Please Fix this record" , "Before Continuing")
}

Else
{

If (@Mode() = 0) Or (@Mode() = 1)
     {
           GotoTabPage(LE0, 11)
           MGMDBY Holder = ""
           OeHide()
           forceredraw()      
     NotifyForm(-2)

vTemp = @CreateNewRecord()
           PTIDGenerator()      
           DateRecordCreated = @Date
           RecordCreatedBy = @userId
           Status = "05"
           StatusAllupdatesub()

@Color(LE17, 0,2) //command bar background
           @Color(LE38, 15,4) //recordof
           @Color(LE39, 15,4) //recordtotal
           ForceRedraw()
//writeln("should be 05")
           FormCommit("trak")
le38 = ("NEW")
Le39 = ("NEW")
           ThrowFocus(First)

//adding()      
           ynUpdate()
           loadpres()

}
}

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: Sesame server over internet issue
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 5:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
Here is the line in the log that talks about communications error.

2012/07/05  07:43:26 @
?O
S_COM 510091                                                                                                                    Communications error with socket set notice 2.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  l

2012/07/05  07:46:16 @
?O
S_ENG 330403 

I also get  a field position out of range error but I get them often and never can figure out what element is causing the problem.

2012/07/05  07:43:03 @
?O
S_ENG 330403                                                                                                                    Field position is out of range in record definition.                                                                                                          

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 6:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Robert,

Just to double check when you say BOBSCOTT wrote on Jul 5th, 2012 at 4:56pm:
If I take my files and move them to a machine using sesame server but not through the internet everything is fine.

Sesame Server is on one computer and the Client is on another computer but still on the local network correct?

Your code isn't going to be causing this issue. What's happening is one of the ports we use to communicate Client/Server with is being closed, either on client side or server side. Since Client/Server works on your local LAN, I'd take a look at the firewall on the router and perhaps try turning it off and then back on as since this just started happening that should reset the router.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 8:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Ray.

Yes it works when client is on 1 computer and server on another computer over a local network, but fails over internet.

I will look at the port settings and see if anything has changed, but why would everything else seem fine, I can search update etc. I only get the problem when I click my add button. Would add a record communicate diferently from the rest of the stuff?

Thanks again

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2012 at 5:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
BOBSCOTT wrote on Jul 5th, 2012 at 8:18pm:
I only get the problem when I click my add button. Would add a record communicate diferently from the rest of the stuff?

I don't see anything in the code that could cause a lost connection. That's why I was wondering if it was just a coincidence that it disconnects when you click the button but could also disconnect when you press F10 for example.

If you are sure it's the button, I mean you're the one testing it and looking at it not me, What I would recommend is commenting out say half of the lines, and try it. If it still does it, comment out half of the remaining lines. If it doesn't uncomment half your lines and test that. Keep doing this until you narrow it down. I would not be surprised if the last line standing would be a FormCommit(""), which does the same thing as an F10 and since it's a command to the server if the connection has been dropped, Sesame will tell you then.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged