Normal Topic SALE ON PDF CONVERTER - 3-FOR-1 (Read 1011 times)
Rick_R

SALE ON PDF CONVERTER - 3-FOR-1
Feb 21st, 2012 at 3:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
Folks,

For a short time Nuance is selling PDF Converter Pro 7 at 3-for-1: buy one at $99.99 and get two free.
http://dr.bluehornet.com/hostedemail/email.htm?CID=5904460805&ch=C8F218F27698FC0... Usually, best price (e.g., Amazon) is about $50.  (There are 3 products with very similar packaging.  Only Converter Pro has full functionality.)

I have both this and Acrobat Standard 9.  Converter Pro can do everything Acrobat can--scan, OCR, embed index (allows high-speed searches).

One of the things I did awhile back was add an embedded index to the Sesame User and Programming Manuals.  Press Shift+Ctrl+F, type in a search term, and in 1-2 seconds all instances of the term are listed.

One of the things PDF Converter Pro does (and, of course, free utilities like Cute PDF and DoPDF) is install a virtual PDF printer, so you can create a PDF from any application, including Sesame, by printing to the virtual printer.

I have been scanning yearbooks and then using OCR to make them searchable.  Acrobat 9 does not recognize white text on dark background, but Converter Pro does.

IP Logged