Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sesame 3 (Read 59306 times)
The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Sesame 3
Reply #75 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:08pm
Print Post Print Post  
One of the reasons we have been asking for feature requests/ideas, is so we can decide if we should be heading toward a "feature lock" on Sesame3 real-soon-now. So, unless someone mentions a make or break feature request in the next couple of weeks, feature-lock is impending.

Sesame3 is already in alpha testing. I don't know if there will be a general beta test cycle or not. The organization and coordination of a big beta test is difficult and not really up to development.

Right now, I am putting some finishing touches on various features: tooltips, cleaning-up code, getting bits and pieces to fit together a little tighter, etc. If we do feature lock soon, there will probably be a feature summary release for general, to make sure there are no more "speak-now" feature requests.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Acebanner

Reply #76 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
The Cow wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:08pm:
One of the reasons we have been asking for feature requests/ideas, is so we can decide if we should be heading toward a "feature lock" on Sesame3 real-soon-now. So, unless someone mentions a make or break feature request in the next couple of weeks, feature-lock is impending.

Sesame3 is already in alpha testing. I don't know if there will be a general beta test cycle or not. The organization and coordination of a big beta test is difficult and not really up to development.

Right now, I am putting some finishing touches on various features: tooltips, cleaning-up code, getting bits and pieces to fit together a little tighter, etc. If we do feature lock soon, there will probably be a feature summary release for general, to make sure there are no more "speak-now" feature requests.

When v3.0 is released, will it require 'translating' existing v2.5+ programming, or a reinstallation of a whole new program? How much of a revamping is it really? I have a few Sesame projects I want to tackle in the new few months, and a lot of these v3.0 features would make them a lot easier to implement. If the feature-freeze were implemented tomorrow, how long before we could get our mitts on it? A month? Three months? Six? Just a ballpark estimate.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #77 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3 - Breaking News
All that stuff that the HTML View Window can do? Static text elements on your form can now do all that stuff too.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #78 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:35pm
Print Post Print Post  
Acebanner wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:20pm:
When v3.0 is released, will it require 'translating' existing v2.5+ programming, or a reinstallation of a whole new program? How much of a revamping is it really? I have a few Sesame projects I want to tackle in the new few months, and a lot of these v3.0 features would make them a lot easier to implement. If the feature-freeze were implemented tomorrow, how long before we could get our mitts on it? A month? Three months? Six? Just a ballpark estimate.

Sesame3 does require an automatic translation from Sesame2. This is because Sesame3 also supports 64 bit. But, the SBasic is fully back-compatible and does not need to change at all (unless you want to). The translation from 2 to 3, does not require any human intervention or decisions.

If we feature lock today, it will be at least a couple of months to test, fix, and document. Jessica is already plowing through the user manual and making great progress. But there are screen shots, the programming manual, web pages, online docs, packaging, promotion, and etc. that have to be taken care of.

All sorts of ducks must be aligned.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame 3 - Chat Client
Reply #79 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 4:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3 now has a built-in Chat client. If you are logged into a Sesame Server, you can chat with others who are also logged into the same Sesame Server.

chat.png ( 21 KB | 117 Downloads )
chat.png

- Hammer
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #80 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 4:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
WOW! You all are amazing!

If you can enable hyperlinks in the chat client to a webpage and more importantly, to a sesame record, it would be amazing!

CAN'T WAIT FOR Sesame3!

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #81 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 4:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
Steve_in_Texas wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 4:15pm:
WOW! You all are amazing!

I agree with Steve! Absolutely mind blowing! You all ROCK!

What a great tool the chat feature will be for using Sesame via the web. Now with a VOIP phone and sesame it is really possible to have worgroups with people working from different locations.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #82 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 8:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Great!!! Now pleeeease do something so, we get to use them ASAP, alfa, beta.... whatever.  Can't wait to use them!!!

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #83 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 9:16pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bharat_Naik wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 8:26pm:
Great!!! Now pleeeease do something so, we get to use them ASAP, alfa, beta.... whatever.  Can't wait to use them!!!

We have regularly been sending Sesame 3 out to an Alpha Test group for some time now. The next alpha release will go out shortly. Some of the members of that group are on this forum. I won't out them as such without their permission, but it's okay with us if they choose to identify themselves to you.

- Hammer
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #84 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 3:27pm
Print Post Print Post  
Well, I have been fortunate enough to see the mind blowing Sesame 3 and can tell you it makes the greatest program even better.

One of the most intriguing things about it to me, is that it seems to be 2 new versions in 1.

In one way the Lanticans made  it easier for newbie's and non sophisticated  users  (like me) to get going quickly and get very powerful features into our applications, on the other end they gave power users and people who are professional computer people more powerful tools and features that will allow a developer to achieve just about anything they could desire.

I know everyone on this forum has read and seen the examples that Erika and Mark have told us about and posted examples of, so you already  know what features to expect .  The thing is in Sesame 3 the passion you see daily in the entire Lantica team whether it's when talking about a new feature or Ray solving one of our problems shows up clearly in the software.

Sesame 3 does not feel like a product developed by some really smart people because it's their job, it feels like a really fine piece of art created and crafted by people with a passion and love for what they are doing and a desire to give us users the best possible product and tools for us to use.

I for one cannot thank them enough for all their hard work and effort and believe everyone will love what they have done with the new version.  It is worth the wait.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame 3 - Table Headers
Reply #85 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 5:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3 provides a new SBasic command - TableHeaders() - which gives you some additional control over how your table view subforms look and how much space they take up.

table-headers.png ( 11 KB | 98 Downloads )
table-headers.png

- Hammer
IP Logged

lksseven

Reply #86 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 1:41am
Print Post Print Post  
that is so cool.  I'll definitely be taking advantage of that.  You guys really do rock.

Larry
IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Reply #87 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 3:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 9:16pm:
We have regularly been sending Sesame 3 out to an Alpha Test group for some time now. The next alpha release will go out shortly. Some of the members of that group are on this forum. I won't out them as such without their permission, but it's okay with us if they choose to identify themselves to you.

You have my permission. Smiley

I've always avoided revealing that I was an Alpha Tester to ensure I didn't break the NDA.

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #88 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 4:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3- Breaking News
You can now use Chat (and other methods) to send another user a clickable that takes them directly to the record or report that you want them to see without anyone having to write SBasic.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Steve_in_Texas

No personal text

Reply #89 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 4:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
Speechless! Utterly Speechless!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print