Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sesame 3 (Read 59078 times)
Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Sesame 3
Reply #120 - May 8th, 2012 at 8:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
That might be an acceptable cost for Single Stepping.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #121 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 2:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
OK, now that 2.5.3 is out the door and appears to be quite stable, I can go back to giving you Development updates on 3.0. It will be awhile before it is released, but I thought you might like to know that...

In Sesame 3, there is now a menu choice to allow an end user to change their own password.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #122 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 5:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
That is GREAT!

Thanks

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Rick_R

Reply #123 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 10:19pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hammer, this thread is now at 9 pages, with a number of tangents.  How about putting together three "summary" posts:

1) New features already added or in process

2) Suggestions that will not be developed

3) Suggestions still open for consideration

IP Logged

lksseven

Reply #124 - Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
My end of the week smart alack thought was that Hammer's reply should be:

"OK ...
2) Suggestions that will not be developed:   see above post..

Roll Eyes  (sorry, Rick, I just couldn't resist!)

Larry
IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #125 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Sep 24th, 2012 at 2:50pm:
In Sesame 3, there is now a menu choice to allow an end user to change their own password.

Any chance we can get some reporting / documentation for security?  The ability to create a file or print out of the groups with permissions, the users by groups etc...

I know it must be the pits that every time you tell us about an incredible new feature we ask it to do more, We love what you give us we just like offering other things for you to think about.

Thanks for the new user changeable  password feature!

« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2012 at 5:37pm by BOBSCOTT »  

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Rick_R

Reply #126 - Sep 28th, 2012 at 4:11pm
Print Post Print Post  
BOBSCOTT wrote on Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:00pm:
I know it must be the pits that every time you tell us about an incredible new feature we ask it to do more, We love what you give us we just like offering other things for you to think about.

Look on the bright side.  Years ago someone involved in the development of FoxPro wrote a book described the development process they ran into.  They would announce that such-and-such feature was being added to the next version.  The initial reaction would be "Great!  That will be so helpful."  Then people would start saying, "but it won't do ...."  Then more people would chime in.  Within a fairly short time the discussion would go from "Great" to "totally useless!  How can they put out such garbage??? What a waste!"  And the feature wasn't even out yet!

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame 3 - PLAIN search
Reply #127 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 5:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3 has a new search syntax called PLAIN that you can turn on in the sesame.ini file. It runs all searches as if you had used .. before and after without needing the wildcards. So, if you search for MAR in a field, it will behave as if you searched for ..MAR.. and return MARY, DELMAR, and AMARETTO.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Sesame 3 - Fuzzy Search
Reply #128 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 5:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame 3 has a new Fuzzy Search feature which works in SBasic and also in retrieve spec programming. This feature allows Q&A, RegEx, or Plain search wildcards to work with comparison operators. Without Fuzzy Search, to find out if the first three characters of LastName are "MAR" you have to do this:

If @Left(LastName, 3) = "MAR" Then ...

With Fuzzy Search, you can do this:

Fuzzy(1)
If LastName = "MAR.." Then ...

You can also turn on Fuzzy Search inline by enclosing the value in tildes:

If LastName = "~MAR..~" Then ...

- Hammer
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #129 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 7:30pm
Print Post Print Post  
Going forward a lot things are changing. Time when we used to snail mail the paper bill and invoice, then we could prepare it on computer and fax it. Now they want the form filled out the website and submit. All data also has to be sent using either sFTP or HTTPS in the  format they want. It used to be text (csv), then HL7 or other proprietary format and now in XML. 

Sesame has provided users and developers with various tools to accomplish the job and especially with @Shell ( ), @ASynchShell ( ), CreateAProcess ( ) and RedirectProcess ( ) commands, we can use outside commandline utilities to meet the pressing demand in the ever-changing environment.

With the web-interaction in the form of filling out cgi forms and submitting data, the most of the sites use SSL and that is where Sesame native commands fall short at present, however, one can use outside utilities to overcome the gap.  I am confident that in the upcoming version 3, the forward looking Lanticans must have addressed to this needs and provided tools to deal with this growing needs.

I was going through cURL manual and FAQ to meet some my present needs and to my surprise, this utility is free to be utilized in any commercial product.  Incorporating this would definitely enhance Sesame to take care of SSL and other web-interaction chores.

Naturally my curiosity is growing to find out how Sesame will address to this growing need and any plan to incorporate cURL like utilities instead of re-inventing wheels?
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2012 at 9:02pm by Bharat_Naik »  

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #130 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 4:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
The only widely used capability in cURL that is not already implemented in Sesame as SBasic commands is SSL. Unfortunately. SSL encryption cannot be exported from the US without a special export license. We cannot even link to a shared library that provides SSL encryption and then export the program, with or without the library.

You can now, in Sesame 2, simply call cURL using @RedirectProcess and capture the results, with need no need for external files. You can also, with some trouble, setup SSL tunneling on the port(s) required for any particular protocol, allowing all traffic in the protocol including that generated from Sesame, to be encrypted.

In Sesame 3, you can also link to a DLL from SBasic and call the functions in the DLL from SBasic. So you could link to OpenSLL and call its functions, yourself.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #131 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 9:12pm
Print Post Print Post  
Mark, thanks for explanation. I am sure that with the available commands and support from Sesame Support Team and Lanticans, we will overcome anything and everything thrown at us in terms of emerging technology.  Thanks again.

IP Logged

digitelcej

No personal text

Reply #132 - Aug 24th, 2013 at 2:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
I notice it has been about 8 months since any information on Sesame 3 has been posted.  Just wondering if any release date has been established, or if there is any progress.

Thanks

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #133 - Aug 24th, 2013 at 5:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
There is continuous progress, but no release date set. My latest work has been on a built in HTTP proxy, with hopes of allowing Sesame3 to work on a web server without the need to tunneling.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Robert Manshack

Reply #134 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 8:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
It would be awesome if ASCII import had the same options as ASCII export......choosing a delimiter, separator, ignore first row, etc.

Just something to add onto the request pile for v3

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print