Normal Topic Key Memories (Read 1086 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Key Memories
Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
With Q&A background, we are used to Keys Macro. What I mean that whatever typed in is remembered and passed on.  Does not seem like that has been happening with Sesame.  If after changing record, we press F10 and F7 in succession, F7 may get executed or may not be depending on the network speed. But if one waits for hour-glass to go away after hitting F10 and then hit F7, it will sure execute F7, bringing up the Search mode screen. This will be more evident on the network computer with bigger database where saving the record takes a little time.

As we use the same program over and over, we get quicker and remembering the sequence of keys hit will be important. Do other people have similar experience?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Key Memories
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
GUI programs don't "save" keystrokes like a DOS program. There is always something somewhere on the screen that will accept the keystroke if the Sesame form isn't "ready" for it yet.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:15pm
Print Post Print Post  
As the Database gets bigger and programming and fields increase in size and number, saving a record and other functions are going to take more and more time.  Is there any solution available for that? Utility whatever? May be focus does not change without direct intervention of the user?

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bharat_Naik wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:15pm:
As the Database gets bigger and programming and fields increase in size and number, saving a record and other functions are going to take more and more time.  Is there any solution available for that? Utility whatever? May be focus does not change without direct intervention of the user?

I'm not sure what you are requesting a solution for. If your users are typing into screens that are not there yet, some of the keystrokes may be consumed.

- Hammer
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Solution that the KeyStroke is not eaten up by other application, the one which does not have focus..

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:50pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have noticed sometimes that when you put the password in the box but it would not show up immediately when computer is busy with other task but as soon as the resources of computer are available, the keystroke will be typed in without loosing any keystroke in the process. Moreover, we have certain commands that holds the keystroke back and release them as required. I am not sure if all these are relevant but to my simple mind it seems related.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #6 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 12:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bharat_Naik wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:50pm:
I am not sure if all these are relevant but to my simple mind it seems related.

Not the same thing, I'm afraid. At any rate, if you want to send steps to Support, we can see if there is anything unusual going on.

- Hammer
IP Logged