Normal Topic Touble opening application (Read 715 times)
NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

Touble opening application
Mar 17th, 2007 at 2:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am experiencing on-and-off trouble opening one of my applications.

Sometimes it seems to open okay. Other times the log-in screen appears to stay on the screen, sometimes forever and other times for a very long time before the program opens. Sometimes, the app just takes a "long" time to open. Normally as it is compiling things flash by so quickly at the lower-left of the screen that you can't really read anything. When it's loading slowly I can read everything as it compiles (sometimes I could read a book while an individual item is compiling - well, not really but it just seems that way).

Also, I've been unable to open this app with 2.0 - other apps open okay.

And, also, this is the only app that we're having problems with on the server. By that I mean it doesn't seem to be released when the app is shut down. My PC is often listed as being logged on twice. Other times there are zero licenses in use when viewed on the server monitor, but this app is listed in the lower box as still being open. My PC has been acting a little goofy lately, so this may just be a PC issue but I thought I'd throw this out there anyway.

I'm sending this to support to let them have a look-see.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Touble opening application
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 12:40am
Print Post Print Post  
Sounds like the waters are a bit muddy on this one, Fred. The guys in Support will look at the app and let you know if they see anything.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 8:18am
Print Post Print Post  
The "slowness" appears to be a network issue - other pc's were having trouble too.

This would still not explain not being able to open the app with 2.0 or the reason it's not being released from the server when we shut down.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 12:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
If an app is opened by an X-command, the server will hold it open, so it doesn't need to be reloaded for the next X-command.

As to 2.0, you'll have to clarify what you mean by "not being able to open the app", however let's discuss this in the Beta forum where we can do so without violating your NDA.  Wink

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

NICEBERG
Members

I came, I saw, I'm still
trying to figure it out!

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2007 at 10:20pm
Print Post Print Post  
Ooooopppps, my bad, I forgot which forum I was in  Lips Sealed

The app I was trying to load was locked, so wouldn't translate - thanks to Ben for finding this.

Other issues seem to be PC related - I stopped in at work today (on my day off!!!) and talked with our IT and we did some probing. Will wait till we resolve that end before bothering anyone again.  Wink

IP Logged