Normal Topic Visibility Question (Read 880 times)
FlipGilbert

Running Ver 2.6.4

Visibility Question
Nov 16th, 2006 at 2:58am
Print Post Print Post  
Question is,
I have a print form button, a @SelectTreeItem on element entry, on my form that prints that form. It makes all the buttons disappear, and a letterhead appear, prints the form and has all the buttons reappear and the letterhead disappear. My dilemma is the outline of the Print Form button shows up on the printed form along with an outline of the element I was in last when I used the mouse to click the print button. Is there any way to not have these outlines?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Flip

It's not what a man says that matters or how he says it, but what he does and how he does it.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Visibility Question
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2006 at 7:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
Have you tried setting the focus to a visible element before printing?

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

FlipGilbert

Running Ver 2.6.4

Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2006 at 10:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
yes, and it highlights that field in the printed form. Not a bad thing because it draws attention to what ever field I want on the printed form, but it still has the outline of the invisable button at the top where all my buttons are (buttons as in my @SlectTreeItem fields)
but that gets me thinking, maybe I should throw focus in my @SelectTreeItem field to something first........ going to try that!

It's not what a man says that matters or how he says it, but what he does and how he does it.

IP Logged

FlipGilbert

Running Ver 2.6.4

Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2006 at 10:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
forgot I did that already, no change.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2006 at 11:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
The two "boxes" you are seeing are coming from different sources. One of them is coming from the GUI library that Sesame uses to indicate focus, the other one is from Sesame tracking the selected spec element. Also, remember when throwing focus, that the focus does not change until after the completion of the current bit of code, or after control is returned to the main event loop.

Basically, to print a form, we set the graphics context to the printer instead of the screen, and redraw the screen - very wysiwyg.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

FlipGilbert

Running Ver 2.6.4

Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2006 at 2:54am
Print Post Print Post  
Ohhhh! thats why. Glad you cleared that up for me Mark! I thought it was something hard, I didnt think it was gooey. LOL

I'm starting with the easy questions, they get worse!

Seriously, I do understand a little of what you said.

IP Logged