Normal Topic Event Type Affect on Database (Read 412 times)
Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Event Type Affect on Database
Apr 19th, 2006 at 1:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
Does the event type specified in the programming affect the speed at which the database form opens ?

I would think not but probably affects the speed at which you are able to scroll thru the database records.

I have a lot of form change event programming statements that seem to be very reliable.

Thanks,

Louis

Louis Galvao

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Event Type Affect on Database
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2006 at 1:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Does the event type specified in the programming affect the speed at which the database form opens ?

I would think not but probably affects the speed at which you are able to scroll thru the database records.

I have a lot of form change event programming statements that seem to be very reliable.

Thanks,

Louis

If you are talking about the time the Form takes to load because it is compiling code then, no, the event you use makes no difference. However, the number of events you use makes a lot of difference.

If you have lots of elements each with a bit of On Form Change programming, you can speed up load time significantly by picking them all up and moving them into the On Form Change event of the Form itself. This will not change their behavior, but it will speed up load time because Seame only has to compile one event, instead of many events. It also has the added benefit of allowing you to get a better overall picture of what happens on your Form and to better control the order in which it occurs.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Louis Galvao

"Sufferin' Succatash"

Re: Event Type Affect on Database
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2006 at 2:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks Erika.

That's what I was looking for.

Louis

Louis Galvao