Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Alternate Program in Q&A 4.0 - Win XP (Read 5873 times)
Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Re: Alternate Program in Q&A 4.0 - Win XP
Reply #15 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 7:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Carl,
Since you and Mark put it together, it makes perfect logic, that Q&A used Command.com while Windows XP uses cmd.exe.  Moreover this utility program is also bent upon using command.com only.  With the switch you have provided, it forces the XchangeCL  to use cmd.exe shell instead of command.com.

With such issues, it is almost impossible to get support from anywhere.  Thanks again.

Bharat

IP Logged

Carl Underwood
Members

Reply #16 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 7:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yeah, since Q&A is a DOS program and pre-dates CMD, it seems that it is using Command to launch any external DOS sessions; and from that session, we are launching the newer CMD that XP really wants to be using. At least, that's my take on it.

The way I found out that Q&A is using Command is that I have an External Programs menu option named "Shell to DOS prompt", but the command line part to the right of that was left blank. When I select this option to shell out to DOS, I see "(C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1990-2001.", which is the copyright info for Command. CMD copyright info is "(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp."

Funny, the copyright dates seem reversed. I would expect command to have the earliest date. Oh well, as long as you got it working, who cares. 8)

Carl Underwood
CDU Computer Consulting LLC
Epsom, New Hampshire
IP Logged

obfusc88

No personal text

Reply #17 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 8:45pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Even the developer of the command line utility does not have a clue.
That would be Microsoft Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print