Normal Topic Forgotten UserID & Password (Read 1237 times)
SpencerWulwick
Members

Forgotten UserID & Password
Jan 26th, 2006 at 5:31am
Print Post Print Post  
Hi -

How does someone get their username and password, for this forum, if it is forgotten?"

Need the answer "in a hurry" for someone who is a member and would like to gain access to the forum right away.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2006 at 1:50pm by SpencerWulwick »  

- Spencer

** Practice random kindness & senseless acts of beauty!
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Forgotten UserID & Password
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2006 at 6:59am
Print Post Print Post  
This is the best I can do....link to
http://www.lantica.com/Forum2/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gen_disc;action=reminde...

If User Name is forgotten, a registered user (you) can browse members list and (they) should be able to recognize name being looked for.  Can browse for Member names at:
http://www.lantica.com/Forum2/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?action=mlall
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2006 at 4:51pm by Bob_Hansen »  

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: FORGOTTEN USERID & PASSWORD
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2006 at 12:47pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Hi -

How does someone get their username and password, for this forum, if it is forgotten?"

Need the answer "in a hurry" for someone who is a member and would like to gain access to the forum right away.

Thanks!

Read access is available from the "guest" account and is immediate - no need to log in.

To post, you do need to log in. But we really don't mind if someone just creates a new account for themselves under a different login name and password - especially if they don't do it too often. It only takes a minute or two.

If it is very important to use the same account, send email to support@lantica.com, and we will provide a new password for the old account and send it to you. You must be able to indentify yourself sufficiently.

P.S.: Spencer, please do not post the subject in all capital letters.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

SpencerWulwick
Members

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2006 at 1:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi -

Thanks for all the info and some good suggestions.

As it turns out, I had found the list of members and copied all 14 pages which I e-mailed.  It turns out that the userid issue was one of capitalization of one letter.

I had forgetten that there even was such a thing as userid and password, because my system apparently just remembers it and doesn't bother me.

And Mark, could you and Bob modify your messages to remove "all upper case" from the title.  Mine is the ONLY message in the thread that isn't all capitalized.

- Spencer

IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2006 at 4:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Spencer, I think your last message was meant for Mark, not for me.  ???

Hmmm, I wonder, why Mark did not follow his own suggestion to control the data, not the user. Shocked

I thought his posting would be programmed to check for UC and change it automatically, or at least prompt the user.  Roll Eyes

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - Jan 26th, 2006 at 5:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Spencer, I think your last message was meant for Mark, not for me.  ???

Hmmm, I wonder, why Mark did not follow his own suggestion to control the data, not the user. Shocked

I thought his posting would be programmed to check for UC and change it automatically, or at least prompt the user.  Roll Eyes

Here, on the forum, I control neither the data nor the users. As is clearly evident. But, keep tempting me, and I may change my policy on that. Wink

IP Logged

SpencerWulwick
Members

Reply #6 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 12:19am
Print Post Print Post  
Bob -

Mea culpa!  I guess you're right.  Now that I looked more carefully, I see that Mark is the only one who has a message with the subject in all caps.

Roll Eyes

- Spencer

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 2:18am
Print Post Print Post  
Bob & Spencer,

Spencer - guess you're right and I'm the only one left yelling. So I decided to take control of the data (just a little) and have some fun.

Bob, I couldn't help but notice that you have an image as your avatar and another in your sig. Since most people only have the one image (or less), I decided to combine them:

Spencer, I know you live down in the sunny climate of Tampa, so I thought you could really do with some sunglasses and a nice hat - what with global warming and all...

I know, I know - get back to work on 2.0.

IP Logged

SpencerWulwick
Members

Reply #8 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 2:38am
Print Post Print Post  
Mark -

Well, in response to my asking the question, Erika told me you had a good sense of humor.  I'm glad to see it showing, even if it is at my expense!   lol

BTW, I think that all caps thing about being "shouting" is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard of in my life.  Not a "peep" comes from all caps ... not a "peep." I'll bet one person decided that's what they thought it was and hundreds of thousands of people bought in to it.  Depending on the font, it is frequently much easier to read upper case letters (especially at my age ... no comment about that is either being solicited or required in any way).  lol  Certainly, it does have it's place for emphasis and, in this particular case, I was, indeed, trying to get someone's attention so I could help someone who requested assistance in getting on to the forum.

As for "getting back to work on 2.0,"

BY ALL MEANS, DO!!!

I was privileged to have Erika show me a demo of 2.0 and that is now all I can think about.  Talk about comparing apples to oranges.  2.0 takes Sesame to a whole new dimension.  Considering how incredible the program already is, that's something to be really proud of.

BRAVO!!!!

And, please, DO HURRY!!!

Did you hear THAT?!  lol

- Spencer

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #9 - Jan 27th, 2006 at 2:53am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Mark -

Well, in response to my asking the question, Erika told me you had a good sense of humor.  I'm glad to see it showing, even if it is at my expense!   lol

I don't think it was at your expense at all. With that hat and those specs, you look ready to hop in prop plane for a treasure seeking adventure in the wild outback...
Quote:
BTW, I think that all caps thing about being "shouting" is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard of in my life.  Not a "peep" comes from all caps ... not a "peep." I'll bet one person decided that's what they thought it was and hundreds of thousands of people bought in to it.

It actually goes back to the first multiuser interactive computer. Installed at MIT with terminals, it featured a command line chat program. Very quickly certain conventions were developed. Among the first was SHOUTING.
Quote:
  Depending on the font, it is frequently much easier to read upper case letters (especially at my age ... no comment about that is either being solicited or required in any way).  lol  Certainly, it does have it's place for emphasis and, in this particular case, I was, indeed, trying to get someone's attention so I could help someone who requested assistance in getting on to the forum.

I have also reached the age where 20/20 vision is decaying into far sightedness. Erika regularly reminds me to carry my reading glasses, but I haven't gotten used to them yet and forget to look over them when not reading - instant headache.
Quote:
As for "getting back to work on 2.0,"

BY ALL MEANS, DO!!!

I was privileged to have Erika show me a demo of 2.0 and that is now all I can think about.  Talk about comparing apples to oranges.  2.0 takes Sesame to a whole new dimension.  Considering how incredible the program already is, that's something to be really proud of.

BRAVO!!!!

And, please, DO HURRY!!!

Did you hear THAT?!  lol

See my next thread.

IP Logged