Normal Topic New Users..... (Read 798 times)
fooshcat56

Purrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr

New Users.....
Jul 19th, 2005 at 2:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
Cheesy  Thinking about purchasing program....have just downloaded the 'trial'.  Several years ago liked using
Q&A....but I'm no programmer...and want some input as to how difficult it will be for a real 'greenie' to set up a business with lookups, etc.  THANKS!! Smiley

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: New Users.....
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2005 at 5:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
want some input as to how difficult it will be for a real 'greenie' to set up a business with lookups, etc.

If you are realistic about your goals and time frames it will be No problem. There is awesome  tech support and great people on this forum who always try to help.

There is a monthly newsletter called Inside Sesame with lots of educational material to help you build a great application. www.insideSesame.com

There are classes offered in Sesame and Sbasic (the programming language of Sesame) It would be a smart move to check them out.

www.hammerdata.com/training.html

I was just looking at the one coming up august 12 ,13,and 14th. The one on the 12th covers techniques for integrating Sesame with external word processors, spreadsheet programs, accounting programs, report writers, web applications, etc.

The one on the 13 and 14th covers Programming Sesame With SBasic - Intermediate-Advanced.

You might want to speak to them and see if it would be better to wait for a beginning class or just jump right in.

Best of luck   Smiley

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2005 at 1:01pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sesame is alot like Q & A, if you could do it in Q & A you can do it in Sesame, Sesame is a great program on its on merit and much more powerful than Q&A, What I like about it, is you can get it basically working than as your knowledge of Sesame increases you can alter your program to make it work better and more powerful for you. And as Bob said technical support is second to none, usually minutes, at the most a few hours, the people at Lantica and the users of this site don't mind sharing their knowledge of Sesame.  Wink

IP Logged

fooshcat56

Purrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr

Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2005 at 2:17pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thanks for the input!  It's nice to know support is there and available.  that's a big plus....unlike many who keep you on hold for literally hours....I'm sure you'all have been there.... I'm jumpin' in!

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2005 at 2:22pm
Print Post Print Post  
Welcome!

If you continue to frequent this Forum, you will find lots of different people who are willing to help you. There are all the users, who are a much friendlier group than you may have encountered on other newsgroups. There are Technical Support people like Ray The Reaper. And the Sesame developers, like The Cow and myself, also like to stay in contact with our users through this Forum.

We hope you enjoy Sesame!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged