Normal Topic Printing Reports (Read 8879 times)
miss_doo

half of the people you
know are below average

Printing Reports
Jan 24th, 2005 at 7:37pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have a customer database filled with customers from the various manufacturers we represent.  Each manufacturer uses different systems to assign a customer #.  For example: Manufacturer A's customer # for Company A would be 55567, but Manufacturer B's customer # for Company A would be C0223.  Each new customer # for the same company is entered as a new entry in the database.  This is how they did it with Q&A, and they want to continue doing this with Sesame.

When they ran reports with Q&A (listing the customer name and #) the customer name would appear once, and each subsequent line would be the different customer #'s that were in our database.  According to the person who initially designed this database, it is a function of Q&A to not print out the duplicate customer names. 

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with Q&A, and I haven't found a smart way to do this with Sesame.  Due to some rather stubborn procedures in office (which I can't sway) the empty customer name sections are necessary on the printed reports for internal filing purposes.  (sheesh).

Does anyone know of a way to do this on the reports, or how it was achieved in Q&A?

~ miss doo&&&&a burning dog needs no chimney, and time heals all non-fatal wounds

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Printing Reports
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2005 at 8:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Miss Doo,

If you look at the link below you will find two ways to do this.

http://www.lantica.com/Forum2/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gen_disc;action=display...

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged