Normal Topic Copying a Report (Read 3221 times)
wildwood

No personal text

Copying a Report
Jan 25th, 2005 at 11:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
Due to the new features of 1.1 I was able to create a year-to-date payroll report with all the "lovely" underlined sub-totals and grand totals. Now, is it possible to copy this report for use in lets say my payroll report for 2004 in another application. Obviously, I am trying to avoid all the work of setting up the newly designed report in another application.

Peter

IP Logged

miss_doo

half of the people you
know are below average

Re: Copying a Report
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2005 at 3:59pm
Print Post Print Post  
hi peter,

not sure if you're still looking for the answer to this, but if you are in designer and go to manage a database, manage layouts, and then you can copy it.

miss_doo

~ miss doo&&&&a burning dog needs no chimney, and time heals all non-fatal wounds

IP Logged

wildwood

No personal text

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2005 at 6:13pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi Ms. Doo,
Thanks for your suggestion. This part of Sesame reports I was aware of, it was the possibliity of copying the programming for let's say Report "A" and using it in another similar but totally different application. Just laziness on my part but some of the reports involve alot of programming and I got them to work through trial and error.

Peter

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2005 at 6:21pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Hi Ms. Doo,
Thanks for your suggestion. This part of Sesame reports I was aware of, it was the possibliity of copying the programming for let's say Report "A" and using it in another similar but totally different application. Just laziness on my part but some of the reports involve alot of programming and I got them to work through trial and error.

Peter

Peter,

You can export your programming to a file. Then you can import or cut-and-paste from it for your other reports.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged