Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) multiple subforms of same data in different views (Read 2654 times)
BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Re: multiple subforms of same data in different vi
Reply #15 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 12:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
Could you establish dynamic link between the tableview record and formview record? What I mean is - when you click a record in tableview, does the formview display the same record as per tableview?

No Bharat I was never successful at accomplishing that either. Embarrassed

To try and overcome that hurdle I split the tableview subform and the form subform onto 2 separate tabs instead of the 1 tab I had and I have been trying to use Sbasic so that when I enter a specific element on the tableview subform it will capture the unique event id open the other tab with the form subform go into search mode plug in the id number and search automatically.

I have not succeeded at this yet either. Looking at the impressive way you, Bob Hansen and Carl turn out Sbasic you guys will probably come up with a method quicker then I will.

I will keep on trying to achieve my goals and I know that eventually one of us will come up with a workable solution.

Erika has also hinted in a previous post that in an upcoming article in Inside Sesame she shows us a method that might accomplish this task. Cheesy

Becky, Thanks again for posting the images.

Robert

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #16 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 12:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bob, your form design is very impressive indeed. It will take a long time to study it, let alone making something like it. Thank you.

IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #17 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 12:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
OK, I've resized them, if you want them a little bigger let me know, trying to get a happy medium  Smiley

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #18 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 12:56pm
Print Post Print Post  
Becky, sorry but the larger ones were a lot better. Bob's design is very intriguing & intricate and it will take a close look at minute details just to understand it. I will appreciate if you please, either post the bigger ones (the earlier ones) or atleast e-mail jpg of the earlier ones to me.  I know you are getting double messages and it is hard to please everyone.  Thanks.

IP Logged

GJK

Felix qui potuit rerum
cognoscere causas

Reply #19 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 1:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Looking GOOOD Bobscott!  You da MAN! I think that developing a plan, a visual image of what you want your database to look like is the key in efficiently delivering information. Your work shows careful thought and analysis in presenting your infromation. It looks very impressive. Yet its not that difficult to do. I think it uses Sesame's imbedded modeling tools (as opposed to the Sbasic programming tools) creatively and to great effect. Smiley

IP Logged

GW

No personal text

Reply #20 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 1:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
I agree with you Bharat, as Bob has so much on his forms they needed to be bigger. Your wish is my command Grin
becky

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #21 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 1:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Becky, thanks.

IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #22 - Apr 12th, 2004 at 6:10pm
Print Post Print Post  
Bob's application is really an opener for me.  I have sparingly used tabs but the way he has used makes one wonder how many elements you can have in a layout without causing any overcrowding. I did not think about using tabs within a tab but how effectively it could be used is apparant. I sure will be using a lot of them in my application. How effectively he has used the tabs in the most common uses as different types of contact info such as Phone# - Home, Cell, Fax, Office, Others.  With concomitant use of Subform and S-basic will make any application fly. Thanks Bob.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send Topic Send Topic Print Print