Normal Topic 30 Day limit caution (Read 1580 times)
Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

30 Day limit caution
Jan 4th, 2004 at 12:00am
Print Post Print Post  
NOTE:  Be sure you have made the correct selection before press "Accept" when opening an application.

There is no chance to change your mind when selecting an Application.

While using the demo version of the  Designer, on the window to "Select an application file to open", note that if you do "Accept", when the warning window comes up to let you know you only have 30 days, you cannot change your mind.  The only option is OK.  There is no Cancel/Escape/No option.  It also does not allow you to see which selection was made. 

This is not good if the wrong selection was made.  Mistakes happen, but the 30 day trial should not be impacted, especially during the learning curve which is the purpose of the trial period.

There should be a choice here to allow you to change your mind, and the name of the chosen application to be opened should also be shown here.

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: 30 Day limit caution
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2004 at 1:56am
Print Post Print Post  
Just as a side note:

As most people using the trial version will only have the sample applications, if you select the wrong one, you can reinstall the trial version to restart the 30 day counter on the sample applications in their original state.

If you have the full version, and accidentally open one of your applications with the trial version, this will not affect your ability to use your application with the full version.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2004 at 2:24am
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
As most people using the trial version will only have the sample applications

I DISAGREE!
I believe that most people will also be using the Demo versions to create their own databases.  Creating from scratch vs. translating from Q&A is something that will be tried out.  But this will not be a problem with non sample applications.  Since they were created with Demo, the clock will already have started.

(Re "most people":  I think this proves that 72.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot) Grin

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2004 at 2:33pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I DISAGREE!
I believe that most people will also be using the Demo versions to create their own databases.  Creating from scratch vs. translating from Q&A is something that will be tried out.  But this will not be a problem with non sample applications.  Since they were created with Demo, the clock will already have started.

(Re "most people":  I think this proves that 72.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot) Grin

I wasn't taking the new apps in account, because they would start their 30 day counter when created and opening the "wrong" one wouldn't have an effect one way or the other. I interpreted your post to mean that you had started the clock on an existing sample app that you were not actually ready to experiment yet, so I wanted to let you know that you could reset it if this occurred.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

on computers now!

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2004 at 8:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I interpreted your post to mean that you had started the clock on an existing sample app that you were not actually ready to experiment yet, so I wanted to let you know that you could reset it if this occurred.
You did understand, that is exactly what happened.  And I understood the answer.  Problem gone, thanks.

Bob Hansen
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
IP Logged