Normal Topic Redesign a Q&A Translation (Read 1213 times)
richcoff

No personal text

Redesign a Q&A Translation
Dec 30th, 2003 at 12:53am
Print Post Print Post  
I have done all the Quick start Tutorials and have translated a couple of databases without too many problems. The imported item does not fill the space and there is not enough room to make changes. It only fills about half the display field and leaves no room to make some needed changes in the layout.

I imported a Q&A database. In Q&A it was 1 screen shoot (or the equivalent of 1/3 of an 8 1/2 by 11 page). After it was translated I tred to make it larger to fill the right layout window, so I could make other changes. In a browser you could double click and hold the bottom edge and drag it to bottom of the screen to fill the available work space in the right window pane (the display field). How do you do this in Sesame.

I don't know the terminology/"language" for what I am asking, I hope someone will understand my question.

Any suggestions?

IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Re: Redesign a Q&A Translation
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2003 at 1:31pm
Print Post Print Post  
Quote:
I don't know the terminology/"language" for what I am asking, I hope someone will understand my question.

I think that you are asking "How do I resize my form?"
If so, the User Guide, page 72 tells you...

"You can also resize the form itself using the same keyboard method of resizing an element. Click on the form itself and use the Shift + Arrow keys to change the form size."

Alec
IP Logged

richcoff

No personal text

Re: Redesign a Q&A Translation
Reply #2 - Dec 30th, 2003 at 4:52pm
Print Post Print Post  
Exactly!

I did the resize. I notice that it wasn't necessary to "reconcile" that change. It appears to resize without that step.

I haven't gotten that far into learning this yet, but i would guess the "reconcile" is for changes in actual data.

I have other questions but I will submit them under different categories some of the other neophytes to make reference to.

A lot of this is relatively simple to find/learn when you know what it is called, or in other words know the lingo.

Being in insurance sales I make it a point to have people repeat what I said to make sure they here what I am saying and not just hear a lot of "technical" words. I want them to "see" the concept or benefit. In other words how it all fits into what you are trying to do. I am doing my best at trying to relate it all to my understanding of Q&A. It's startung to come into focus.

I wished I could get to the programing part. I had learned the Q&A programing and none of my translations seem to work/calculate once they are imported. I am sure I will have more questions in that area once I figure out how to get to the menu that gets me into the programming part.

Thanks! So much for my rambling.

IP Logged