Normal Topic WordMerge 2.44 Not Merging From MergeData.txt (Read 1259 times)
actiontech

WordMerge 2.44 Not Merging From MergeData.txt
Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am having a problem with WordMerge 2.44.

At first, after having added the programming, and running it in preview mode, I would press the WordMerge button, and get the menu, click the Merge Document .docx (.docs worked) and I would just get a selection to click "[Back]".

I fixed this by adding/changing code from another forum post:

If @FindStringArray(vExtensions, @Right(vItem, 4))<0 and @FindStringArray(vExtensions, @Right(vItem, 5))<0

The .docx WordMerge document now let's me selecte "All Retrieved Records" or "This Record Only" then opens in Microsoft Word.

The problem now, is that everytime it opens it displays the last record I merged. No matter which record I select to merge, it always shows the same one.

So, I went and checked the MergeData.txt. Everything appears fine, it is changing like it's supposed to. But for some reason, that data, is not merging into Microsoft Word.

It's as if the data is cached somewhere and keeps displaying the same data over and over.

IP Logged

actiontech

Re: WordMerge 2.44 Not Merging From MergeData.txt
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 3:04pm
Print Post Print Post  
Old Merge Documents linked to the wrong Merge Data file(Action_Merge.txt)

Didn't know how to change the VBA Macro programming to link it to the new Merge Data file (MergeData.txt)

Opened new Merge Document (Sample Merge.doc) that's linked to the correct Merge Data file (MergeData.txt), copied and pasted old merge document's data (Estimate.docx) to new Merge Document (Sample Merge.doc)

Went to save document was presented with this compatibility warning:

I opted not to select the checkbox for compatibility. Clicked "Ok."

I was then presented with this Macro-Document warning:

Went back to Save As, and from the dropdown menu selected "Word Macro-Enabled Document" (.docm). And then saved file.

I then went into Sesame Designer > Forms > (Form) > Program Layout > cmdPrintMerge > and changed this bit of code (to include .DOCM):

var vDocType as string = ".DOCx;.DOC;.DOCM"

It now works wonderously. The current MergeData shows up everytime in Microsoft Word.

IP Logged

actiontech

Re: WordMerge 2.44 Not Merging From MergeData.txt
Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 2:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'd also like to note that it works in Windows 10 as well.

IP Logged