Normal Topic looking for info on a Sip command line dialer (Read 2537 times)
BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

looking for info on a Sip command line dialer
Apr 11th, 2016 at 7:58pm
Print Post Print Post  
Does anyone successfully use a specific sip or sip tapi command line utility the way we use to use dial.exe to dial from a Sesame app?

I have tried pjsua and a few others but without good results. Anyone have a thought or recommendation of a solution to pass the number from an element to a voip system.

All thoughts appreciated.
Thanks

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

BWETTLAUFER

Re: looking for info on a Sip command line dialer
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 6:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
While I don't have the expertise for this, I use a SIP-based phone system, and the ability to pre-dial a number by hitting a command button in Sesame interests me greatly!

I was able to do it by googling the type of phone I use (SNOM) and use the following URL:

http://192.168.3.131/command.htm?number=12269461730

I imagine the same could be done with an HTTPPost?

IP Logged

BWETTLAUFER

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 6:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
Got it!

Code
Select All
var vhtml as string
var aa as string
var vPhone as string
var vTel as string

vTel = @num(DBTel1)
if @left(vTel,1) <> "1" then vTel = "1" + vTel

// ====================================
// Dial Telephone Number -- 2016-04-28
// ====================================

vPhone = "192.168.3.131"
vhtml = "/command.htm?number=" + vTel
vhtml = @replace(vhtml," ","%20")

aa = @HTTPPostHTML(vPhone, vhtml,"",80,"")

Of course, you need to know what the IP is of the phone you are sitting at, but that should make it easy.

IP Logged

BOBSCOTT
Members

That Darn Computer #$X#
{curse words}

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 5:40pm
Print Post Print Post  
Blair,

Thanks for the help.

I have sorta opened Pandora's box with my dialing desires. Since asking the question I have traveled down a rabbit hole and have been amassing lots of information on my options.

It turns out there are many different "platforms" for VoIP, some have very robust options to interface with some much less.

My original goal was to just dial (and that may be where I eventually end up) however I am now playing with dialing the number from Sesame and then telling my provider (Broadsoft Platform) the extension the user is at and ringing that physical phone upon no busy (creating a simple cheap almost like baby predicative dialer)
I am now toying with once  hung up getting CDR into a field (time duration etc) and maybe even the link to the call recording (for training purposes only)

I may also consider at some point popping the record up from the CID and even populating the correct presentation based on DNIS.

Lots of thoughts and lots of options as time permits. I have found that by using a softphone on a terminal and running wireshark and capturing the PCAPS I get some good insight into what the finished Sbasic code needs to look like.

Once (If I ever)  get something fairly stable that works I will post up the code and everything I figured out for others to use and improve upon.

Team – Together Everyone Achieves More

IP Logged

BWETTLAUFER

Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 3:02am
Print Post Print Post  
Wow ... you are ten steps ahead of me!

I'm just tackling the initial issue of attempting to identify the IP address of the phone at the client terminal, so pressing the play button I already have next to a telephone number doesn't necessarily start phones in random locations from dialing.

I'd love to figure out how to identify a local IP of a phone, but I'm not sure that's possible. 

As a stop-gap, I'm creating two fields in my staff database to track extension and IP of the phone.  I'll then add a user prompt for an extension, and have it default to the extension of the user logged in, which will then xlookup the associated IP and then dial the phone ...

... unless you have a better idea? Smiley

IP Logged