Normal Topic Data retrieval problem on a network computer. (Read 1600 times)
bstone30

No personal text

Data retrieval problem on a network computer.
Dec 3rd, 2014 at 3:55pm
Print Post Print Post  
I'm using version 2.5 and 1.1.4.. Ok don't laugh I know it's old but the Sesame folks came up with such a great product we haven't had any problems or need to upgrade.   The problem I have is with both versions, however.  One network computer suddenly stopped being able to retrieve database records.  The database opens but there are no records. All the other computers on the network can retrieve data.  Any ideas what is up?

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Data retrieval problem on a network computer.
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 4:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
When you say "network computer" are you describing a Sesame client talking to a Sesame server, or are you using standalone copies of Sesame all sharing files on a networked hard drive?

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

bstone30

No personal text

Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 10:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
Yes it is a client computer trying to access data from a sesame server.   I think this is going to be a registry issue. I will probably have to re-install Windows 7 to correct the problem.  We have a 10 user license and have been doing this since Sesame first came out. I'm pretty sure this is not going to be a Sesame problem.  Just thought I would ask.

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 10:34pm
Print Post Print Post  
Please let us know what you find out.

It seems very odd that the client can connect to the server and load the form (from the server), but cannot then retrieve values.

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 9:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Are you pressing the F10 key to try and retrieve records? Try clicking Retrieve Matching Records on the menu tree and see if the records are then retrieved.

If they are, the issue is with your keyboard. Either F10 is not working or you have a keyboard that wants to use the F keys for something other than being F keys. You may have an F-lock key or a setting in the Bios or settings for the keyboard that you can change.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged