Normal Topic Issues with Line Element (Read 697 times)
Robert

Issues with Line Element
Oct 29th, 2014 at 5:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
No matter what I do the line element in my report is gray.  Also, how do you make a line span across all the columns in your report?  Another post mentioned using "cN" as the width but that makes it disappear from the report and the element block on the report design gets a scratchy looking W symbol in the block like everything gets when the width is set manually.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Issues with Line Element
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 7:28pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Robert,

Line and Space will always appear as gray elements in the design of the report, just like value boxes will appear as blue.

The CN in the width is where N equals the number of columns you want the line to span. So if you have 9 columns in your report you would set the width of the line element to C9.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Robert

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 7:36pm
Print Post Print Post  
I may not have explained myself correctly.  Sorry.

When I print a report that has a line element the actual printed line is gray.  I know what you're talking about in design mode but I'm talking about the actual preview mode or the printed output color.

I can change text colors on other fields like Static Text and Value Boxes but the Line element just doesn't want to change colors.

IP Logged

Robert

Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 7:53pm
Print Post Print Post  
And I tried setting the width in the Position tab for the Line element to C8 and it disappears off the report when it's printed still.

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Reply #4 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 2:54pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Robert,

Are you using Print Only reports? In that case what you will want to do is add 7 spacers elements to the right of the line element and set them to be invisible. The report will then resize the line element to be 8 columns wide as it is the only visible element of the 8 in that group section. Print Only reports are different from the HTML reports when it comes to columns.

Yes the line will print as gray. I will submit a feature request to see if it is possible that it respects the color assigned to it.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged