Normal Topic File locking up (Read 439 times)
debmckee

File locking up
Nov 4th, 2011 at 5:00pm
Print Post Print Post  
We are currently in the set up stage of Sesame.  I am the only one working in it at any time.  The program in installed on a work station with the data installed on a server.  The program is also running in the background on the server, but the data and program are not in the same directory.  I am locking up at least 3 or 4 times a day.  At least once or twice during reconcilations I get an error msg that file is already open (like I said, I am the only in it!) We have to figure out what is wrong before we go live and try and put 20 people on the system.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: File locking up
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 5:23pm
Print Post Print Post  
When you say "locking up," do you mean that you are working in Sesame and it stops responding? Or do you mean that you try to open a database and you get a message that it is locked?

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

debmckee

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 5:51pm
Print Post Print Post  
Sorry, It tells me application is locked.  Or that it is in use. etc. etc.  I should also point out that I am reconciling several times a day and I am also flipping from design to view constantly.  Testing, running code, running program, printing, saving, basically doing testing.

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 6:03pm
Print Post Print Post  
If you have the db open in Runtime, then you can't reconcile to it from Designer.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

Bharat_Naik
Members

Ever ready to learn and

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 6:26pm
Print Post Print Post  
Looking into the Sesame server will show what database is still open. Even if you have closed all the databases and clients, the databases from that you have looked up data remains open. One has to Unload the database before you can reconcile.

My problem is, and I have mentioned this earlier also, DSR and db both of them listed as the same name file. Giving example, I am trying to reconcile Medical.db from medical dsr. If I look into the server it will show, two Medical database open in that. Which one I unload to get the .db down? Most of the time I have to guess and end up unloading dsr instead of db. If only we list in the server as dsr or db, we know we are unloading the right one. Am I making sense?

IP Logged