Normal Topic Export table of field names (Read 608 times)
Cliff

Export table of field names
Dec 28th, 2009 at 5:41pm
Print Post Print Post  
Is there a way to export a csv file of all the field names in an application (database).  I have created a new form with about 700 check boxes (only element type in the form) and I am not able to view this in table view. It would be extremely helpful to get this list from Sesame to help with the programming efforts.

As always...

Thank you...

IP Logged

Ray the Reaper
Global Moderator
Members
Lantica Support

The One & The Only

Re: Export table of field names
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 6:18pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hello Cliff,

Do you want the actual underlying database field names or the form's element names that you would use in Sbasic?

If you want the field names, retrieve one record in Search/Update. switch to the Export spec, choose Set All, and choose Run. In the export dialog turn on field name header and set a file name. You can then open that file in Notepad, Excel or any program you want and the first line will be the field names.

If you want the names of all the elements on your form, run the following code in a single record Mass Update in Sesame

Code
Select All
Var vElements as String

vElements = @StringArrayElementList()
FileOverWrite("ElementNames.csv", vElements) 

That will give you a list of the names of every element on the form, including static text elements.

-Ray

Raymond Yoxall Consulting
ray.yoxall@gmail.com
ryoxall@lantica.com
Sesame Applications, Design and Support
IP Logged

Cliff

Re: Export table of field names
Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 8:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you Ray for helping me out with this one...saved much time and possible error...
Appreciated...
Cliff

IP Logged