Normal Topic Q&A and Windows 7 (Read 7622 times)
UPaul42
Members

been a Q&A user/programmer
since version 2.0

Q&A and Windows 7
Nov 4th, 2009 at 12:14pm
Print Post Print Post  
I have successfuly been able t run Q&A version 5 in Windows 7 (Release Candidate 32 bit). Absolutely will NOT run in the 64 bit version.

No Expanded or Extended memory shows when view using Ctrl-F3

It ain't dead yet.

&&http://www.lantica.com/images/sespro_badges/sespro3.gif&&Paul Anderson&&President&&Systems-Consulting&&89 Main Street, Broad Brook CT 06016&&(860) 627-5393&&Sales@Systems-Consulting.com
IP Logged

LP

Re: Q&A and Windows 7
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 9:39pm
Print Post Print Post  
I also am running Dos version 4 and Q&A windows on Windows 7 32bit. Backed off the 64bit version due to software issues.

IP Logged

Rick_R

Re: Q&A and Windows 7
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 3:56am
Print Post Print Post  
We have had up to 11 people running QA 4 under Win 7 32-bit since September 2010 with no problems.  We did see several articles saying that QA databases can have problems under newer versions of Windows so we set up Win XP-Pro on one machine and are using that as our QA server.  (Microsoft says Win XP Pro can have up to 10 or 11 simultaneous users accessing it--I don't recall which.  If it is 10, 11 would be someone actually working at the server.) Because we have more than 10 machines, for the machines that do not need constant access (e.g., mine) we activate QA with a batch file that temporarily maps a network drive using the Net Use command, starts QA, and then unmaps the drive when the user exits.

We haven't tried running QA with the DTF/IDX files on the Win 2008 Server, so I don't know whether that would be a problem.

IP Logged