Normal Topic How to Populate second database? (Read 910 times)
tcgeo

How to Populate second database?
May 13th, 2008 at 6:46pm
Print Post Print Post  
Hi everyone, I’ve been working with Sesame2 for a little over a month now and think I’m starting to catch on. Thanks to you guru’s on this forum, I’ve had some great successes until now and would appreciate your help if possible. Not sure if I’m going about this right but here goes:

I have elements setup similar to the CharityDonors.dsr in Samples where Donation Date, Amount, and Type data is placed into a subform when the OK button is clicked. I have found that when building a report from the information in the subform I can’t exclude some information. For example, if I want a report that shows donations made in a specific month, I get info for that month and also all the other months that were entered into the subform for that donor. My idea for working around this was to create a second database with the same elements as the first and have those elements populated with the same information that the subform receives when the OK button is clicked. My thought on this is that the data in the second database won’t be tied to a donor and I should be able to do a search on any date I want and only retrieve and print data tied to that date.

So my question is, is there programming to send the data to the elements in the second database within the same application?

Using Sesame2.0.6

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Brandon

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: How to Populate second database?
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2008 at 7:09pm
Print Post Print Post  
If you run the report from the subform standalone (as opposed to showing on the parent form), you can retrieve the records for a particular month.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

tcgeo

Reply #2 - May 13th, 2008 at 8:05pm
Print Post Print Post  
Well you sure know how to make a guy feel pretty small! I can’t believe I didn’t think of trying that. How do they say it, “I wasn’t able to “see the forest through the trees” is that how that goes?

Thank you very much for the help,

Brandon

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Reply #3 - May 13th, 2008 at 8:25pm
Print Post Print Post  
tcgeo wrote on May 13th, 2008 at 8:05pm:
Well you sure know how to make a guy feel pretty small! I can’t believe I didn’t think of trying that. How do they say it, “I wasn’t able to “see the forest through the trees” is that how that goes?

Thank you very much for the help,

Brandon

You're quite welcome. But, no feeling small!  Smiley

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged