Normal Topic Who's using Vista (Read 2581 times)
Alec
Lanticans

Who's using Vista
Nov 28th, 2007 at 9:43pm
Print Post Print Post  
Are any of you using Vista -- for your business?  I read a recent report here in the UK that says that the takeup of Vista amongst businesses, in September 2007, was 0.3% - which is about the same as Windows 98.
I know of no-one using Vista at work. They say takeup is much higher amongst home users, but it seems to me they get no choice when they buy a new PC.

Alec
IP Logged

Bob_Hansen
Members

WOW, They have the Internet
on computers now!

Re: Who's using Vista
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 2:06am
Print Post Print Post  
Only Vista I am seeing is also home computers, all business systems are still purchasing XP PRO, SP2.

And I have seen some install XP to replace their Vista.  This can be done with the Vista CD, but need to get code from Microsoft to do that.
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2007 at 5:01am by Bob_Hansen »  

Bob Hansen
Sesame Database Manager Professional
Sensible Solutions Inc.
Salem, NH
603-898-8223
Skype ID = sensiblesolutions
IP Logged

FlipGilbert

Running Ver 2.6.4

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 4:07am
Print Post Print Post  
Well... We have had a break in at my office and they stole all five of my computers. I will be replacing them one at a time and the best I can do is windows Vista. I have purchased one the other day and started hacking into it and its features. I am able to network it with old computer with XP using the faster computer with vista as a server. I was lucky enough to have tried this (part time) before the robbery with a windows vista computer (that was stolen also) so it wasn't too bad. I'm not into changing over to the newest fad but I will be forced to move forward on this and convert to Vista  for my business. Oh! and with new printers as well because it does not like some of my bigger HP two sided printers. Not something I would wish on anyone, It seems the rest of the world needs to catch up with Vista in regards to compatibility.

It's not what a man says that matters or how he says it, but what he does and how he does it.

IP Logged

proudpoppy
Members

Do What ??

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 5:24pm
Print Post Print Post  
On my small network at the maintenance shop I have been using Vista Business for about 8-months now with no problems worth discussing. I would not even think about going back to XP.  Wink

IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 7:02pm
Print Post Print Post  
That's interesting. These are just the sort of replies I was hoping for. No - I've no point to make, just wanted to get the flavour of what others are seeing and doing.
Thanks.

Alec
IP Logged

Alec
Lanticans

Reply #5 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 7:06pm
Print Post Print Post  
That's tough luck, FlipGilbert. As someone who had his laptop stolen exactly a year ago, I can commiserate with you. Sounds like you've a backup of your data. Offsite was it? Very wise.

Alec
IP Logged

FlipGilbert

Running Ver 2.6.4

Reply #6 - Dec 24th, 2007 at 7:29pm
Print Post Print Post  
Thank you Alex, yeah it is all coming back together more than a month later, all five computer using Vista. Thanks to all the FINE folks at Lantica I am up and running again full speed.
As for my off site back, Norton 360 has a great (and Really easy to use) off site back up and really inexpensive!

Merry Christmas to all!
Luke: 8-14

Flip

It's not what a man says that matters or how he says it, but what he does and how he does it.

IP Logged