Normal Topic Southern Californai Fires! (Read 1574 times)
charliebrown
Members

Beware...novice at large

Southern Californai Fires!
Oct 23rd, 2007 at 1:13am
Print Post Print Post  
Shocked  WOuld like to hear from forum members in the Sand Diego/Malibu areas...you folks alright???  200,000 acres burned-untould numbers of homes...devistating!

Hope everyone is ok. Sad

IP Logged

Hammer
YaBB Administrator
Lanticans

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Re: Southern Californai Fires!
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 1:24am
Print Post Print Post  
A good friend of mine was evacuated a few hours ago. She's not sure where she and her family can go. It's bad out there.

- Hammer
The plural of anecdote is not data.
IP Logged

charliebrown
Members

Beware...novice at large

Re: Southern Californai Fires!
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 3:47am
Print Post Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Oct 23rd, 2007 at 1:24am:
A good friend of mine was evacuated a few hours ago. She's not sure where she and her family can go. It's bad out there.

That's one of the problems...the fire is heading west toward the ocean...there's only so far you can go...not sure how open or accessable the routes heading north are.  My cousin lives there and we haven't heard anything from him or his family. Both colleges are closed so people who live off campus don't have to fight the smoke, embers getting to and from the schools.  Many, if not most of the homes are in extremely wealthy areas...in a situation like this, money may help down the road in rebuilding, but when there's nowhere to go, and  everything is crumbling around you, it doesn't mean much.  Reminicent of the Berkely Hills fires some years back...just mind-boggling what can happen to a highly populated area when fire takes over.

Good thoughts for your friend Erika...keep in touch as best you can.  Hopefully winds will calm down by tomorrow and they can make progress on containing the fires.

IP Logged