Normal Topic Round-off and Report Question (Read 455 times)
wildwood

No personal text

Round-off and Report Question
May 9th, 2007 at 11:49pm
Print Post Print Post  
I am in need of two pretty basic solutions:
First
The state where I am doing business is trying, desperately, to impose a State Service Tax on services rendered. I will have to pass this Tax along to my clientle. In readiness for this tax the programming for my statements include the propsed legislative tax as follows:
State Service Tax= (service1+ service2+service3)*.05
I would like to round off the State Service Tax to the nearest dollar to maintain even dollar amonnts. Where and what programming do I install to get the rounded off values.

Second
In the report I developed for this billing I inadvertently put in a Value box which has no function. I cannot find a delete key to eliminate this value box in my report. I have made it "invisible" so as not to put in an extra unneeded value. How do I "delete" a value box, or sum value, or new linespace in the report phase of Sesame?

Peter

IP Logged

The Cow
YaBB Administrator

Re: Round-off and Report Question
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2007 at 1:41am
Print Post Print Post  
wildwood wrote on May 9th, 2007 at 11:49pm:
I am in need of two pretty basic solutions:
First
The state where I am doing business is trying, desperately, to impose a State Service Tax on services rendered. I will have to pass this Tax along to my clientle. In readiness for this tax the programming for my statements include the propsed legislative tax as follows:
State Service Tax= (service1+ service2+service3)*.05
I would like to round off the State Service Tax to the nearest dollar to maintain even dollar amonnts. Where and what programming do I install to get the rounded off values.

Code
Select All
var aa as double

aa = (service1 + service2 + service3) * 0.05
  State Service Tax = @Round(aa, 0)

Quote:
Second
In the report I developed for this billing I inadvertently put in a Value box which has no function. I cannot find a delete key to eliminate this value box in my report. I have made it "invisible" so as not to put in an extra unneeded value. How do I "delete" a value box, or sum value, or new linespace in the report phase of Sesame?

Peter

I haven't had any problem highlighting an element and pressing the delete key on my keyboard to delete it. Is that not working for you?

Mark Lasersohn&&Programmer&&Lantica Software, LLC
IP Logged

wildwood

No personal text

Re: Round-off and Report Question
Reply #2 - May 10th, 2007 at 3:28am
Print Post Print Post  
Thank You!!!
Both solutions worked like a charm.

Peter

IP Logged